Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Him and I were talking about a trade...I’d get the sp81, and he wanted a stihl 051. I probably beat around the bush too much, so he decided to sell. I couldn’t find time to get the saw out of my storage unit, and get him the information I thought he should have on it.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Him and I were talking about a trade...I’d get the sp81, and he wanted a stihl 051. I probably beat around the bush too much, so he decided to sell. I couldn’t find time to get the saw out of my storage unit, and get him the information I thought he should have on it.
How long ago?

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a while ago. I’ll look through my messages.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How long ago?
Looks like early/mid September. I hit him up late September, and asked if he was still interested I. The Stihl, and he said he sold the SP81

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not that I like going around picking on sick people, BUT... this wouldn't be the first time someone lied about themselves when trying to buy time to distance themselves further from the scam they just pulled. Typically speaking people get treated and go home, not get hospitalized for a month and coming around only after getting called out has a taint to it. True or false, any way you slice it, it's a crappy deal and is why I'm throwing the BS flag until proven otherwise. I truly hope I'm wrong and if so, surely this person has a friend or relative that can help them ship this saw and fulfill his commitment, or return the money if unable to do so.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not that I like going around picking on sick people, BUT... this wouldn't be the first time someone lied about themselves when trying to buy time to distance themselves further from the scam they just pulled. Typically speaking people get treated and go home, not get hospitalized for a month and coming around only after getting called out has a taint to it. True or false, any way you slice it, it's a crappy deal and is why I'm throwing the BS flag until proven otherwise. I truly hope I'm wrong and if so, surely this person has a friend or relative that can help them ship this saw and fulfill his commitment, or return the money if unable to do so.

To be honest...I sent him a pretty nasty message last night after seeing Deets purchased the saw, and didn’t get it. That type of stuff makes my blood boil.
I just got taken on a nice old military Remington from Craigslist. Paid the dude..no saw :/.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To be honest...I sent him a pretty nasty message last night after seeing Deets purchased the saw, and didn’t get it. That type of stuff makes my blood boil.
I just got taken on a nice old military Remington from Craigslist. Paid the dude..no saw :/.
I feel your pain

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I hate Craigslist just for that reason.

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear this Deets. Crap like this really bugs me to no end. Looking at a grinder, don’t know the guy and the username he said he used on arborist site doesn’t exist. Plan on paying with PayPal so hopefully I don’t fully screwed on this deal. We shall see though.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I made a solid deal on a baler trade I found on our local sale network. Of course......shipping was not part of the deal. LOL

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That really sucks, I hope You get it sorted.

How much is the PayPal fee when paying for goods (not F&F)?

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That really sucks, I hope You get it sorted.

How much is the PayPal fee when paying for goods (not F&F)?

I believe that the fee is still 3%.

I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else has had it happen. My paypal is linked with my work email. And when ever someone pays for something other than friends and family. Paypal pulls the 7.25% state tax out of my account on top of the 3%. It flat out sucks. But I get why people pay for good and services. PayPal's policies need some serious help.

Steven

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank You guys, that is good to know!

I didn't get fried yet by paying through PP F&F, but stories like this make one rethink ones strategies.