Mak-Crazy
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You need a new weather app

View attachment 65127

Mine only stretches 8-9 days so the last day (Wed) above is 4 days prior to GTG. Besides I never trust them any more than 48hrs out and even then I'd give the weather man (I mean "educated guesser") a 60/40 chance at getting it right.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just picked up a 1080p HD camera and powered mic that one user says will pick up a dog panting at 30 feet away (outdoor gear that is weatherproof).
I planned to use it at Dan @paragonbuilder GTG (was gonna be a surprise but cat out of bag now...) I will test it this week with youtube live (hopefully in 1080p HD and super sensitive mic picking up a saw and voices and such) and can bring it perhaps a day early on Saturday to the NY GTG to get it setup right etc.

A few weeks ago I installed some enterprise Wifi gear at Dan's -- 3 Access points including one in the shop that covers outside quite well.

For the Head Of The Charles Regatta in Cambridge MA each year myself and a couple others install an outdoor Wifi network with about 30 APs and several backhaul feeds along a 4 mile stretch of the Charles river used by about 400 people on the Race Committee, sponsors, timing, athlete registration etc. it's a LAN in the sky. With over 300,000 people attending the 4G cellular network data fails so we build this WIFI network. We use a Gigabit fiber optic link on top of Harvard Stadium and get on Harvard's fiber for the main internet backhaul along with a 50 Mbps symmetrical backup link at the Cambridge Boat Club that goes to the roof of Boston's Hancock building. There were 3 live feeds on our network this year that were distributed worldwide via livestream.com -- you can see one of the feeds here:

I will try to bring an outdoor AP or two that we could connect to your wired network inside and perhaps a pair of point to point radios if needed for the camera so it could be a decent distance from your shop. I will try and make it all happen.

Heres some pictures I had posted on the CT GTG thread from Head Of The Charles showing some of what we do each year (crazy project):

Panel feeding memorial drive area from Harvard U Peabody Tower Harvard in the background, JFK Bridge:

IMG_20160927_141825781-X3.jpg

Powerbeam at 300 Mbps to Cambridge Boat Club roof 1 mile away and 2nd to timing station at Riverside Boatclub near microcenter on memorial drive:

IMG_20160927_141813519-X3.jpg

700 Mbps air fiber from Harvard Stadium roof to Cambridge Boat Club

IMG_20160927_114424246-X3.jpg

Amazing view from Peabody Tower at dusk after install complete that year:

IMG_2717-L-L.jpg

This Guy.

Call This Guy.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Still trying to make this GTG. I'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel to get there. We will be in Englishtown the night before for a friends 55 B-day party that night. My wife will be going if I attend.
Can't bring saws, *f-word
Might spend most of my time on the the throne, *f-word
A whole weekend with my wife, priceless...
Dumb looks are still free!

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy gonna be able to make the scene?:)