Habada
Local time
8:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it insured?
You break it you buy it.

I've only kinda almost crashed it once. It also works good for chopping corn.

24fe989922ee924ae8e7b63af28fdc21.jpg

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I had a YouTube live feed 2 years ago. Don't know if there is a way to get better quality video. We have fiberoptic internet here but the current Wi-Fi does not go too far outside the building.

It would be awesome to have a couple different video feeds with better audio.

Anybody have any better ideas?

You need a directional signal repeater... I think that's what it's called. My neighbors use one to boost and shoot a signal across the street to a neighbor.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just picked up a 1080p HD camera and powered mic that one user says will pick up a dog panting at 30 feet away (outdoor gear that is weatherproof).
I planned to use it at Dan @paragonbuilder GTG (was gonna be a surprise but cat out of bag now...) I will test it this week with youtube live (hopefully in 1080p HD and super sensitive mic picking up a saw and voices and such) and can bring it perhaps a day early on Saturday to the NY GTG to get it setup right etc.

A few weeks ago I installed some enterprise Wifi gear at Dan's -- 3 Access points including one in the shop that covers outside quite well.

For the Head Of The Charles Regatta in Cambridge MA each year myself and a couple others install an outdoor Wifi network with about 30 APs and several backhaul feeds along a 4 mile stretch of the Charles river used by about 400 people on the Race Committee, sponsors, timing, athlete registration etc. it's a LAN in the sky. With over 300,000 people attending the 4G cellular network data fails so we build this WIFI network. We use a Gigabit fiber optic link on top of Harvard Stadium and get on Harvard's fiber for the main internet backhaul along with a 50 Mbps symmetrical backup link at the Cambridge Boat Club that goes to the roof of Boston's Hancock building. There were 3 live feeds on our network this year that were distributed worldwide via livestream.com -- you can see one of the feeds here:

I will try to bring an outdoor AP or two that we could connect to your wired network inside and perhaps a pair of point to point radios if needed for the camera so it could be a decent distance from your shop. I will try and make it all happen.

Heres some pictures I had posted on the CT GTG thread from Head Of The Charles showing some of what we do each year (crazy project):

Panel feeding memorial drive area from Harvard U Peabody Tower Harvard in the background, JFK Bridge:

IMG_20160927_141825781-X3.jpg

Powerbeam at 300 Mbps to Cambridge Boat Club roof 1 mile away and 2nd to timing station at Riverside Boatclub near microcenter on memorial drive:

IMG_20160927_141813519-X3.jpg

700 Mbps air fiber from Harvard Stadium roof to Cambridge Boat Club

IMG_20160927_114424246-X3.jpg

Amazing view from Peabody Tower at dusk after install complete that year:

IMG_2717-L-L.jpg

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just picked up a 1080p HD camera and powered mic that one user says will pick up a dog panting at 30 feet away (outdoor gear that is weatherproof).
I planned to use it at Dan @paragonbuilder GTG (was gonna be a surprise but cat out of bag now...) I will test it this week with youtube live (hopefully in 1080p HD and super sensitive mic picking up a saw and voices and such) and can bring it perhaps a day early on Saturday to the NY GTG to get it setup right etc.

A few weeks ago I installed some enterprise Wifi gear at Dan's -- 3 Access points including one in the shop that covers outside quite well.

For the Head Of The Charles Regatta in Cambridge MA each year myself and a couple others install an outdoor Wifi network with about 30 APs and several backhaul feeds along a 4 mile stretch of the Charles river used by about 400 people on the Race Committee, sponsors, timing, athlete registration etc. it's a LAN in the sky. With over 300,000 people attending the 4G cellular network data fails so we build this WIFI network. We use a Gigabit fiber optic link on top of Harvard Stadium and get on Harvard's fiber for the main internet backhaul along with a 50 Mbps symmetrical backup link at the Cambridge Boat Club that goes to the roof of Boston's Hancock building. There were 3 live feeds on our network this year that were distributed worldwide via livestream.com -- you can see one of the feeds here:

I will try to bring an outdoor AP or two that we could connect to your wired network inside and perhaps a pair of point to point radios if needed for the camera so it could be a decent distance from your shop. I will try and make it all happen.

Heres some pictures I had posted on the CT GTG thread from Head Of The Charles showing some of what we do each year (crazy project):

Panel feeding memorial drive area from Harvard U Peabody Tower Harvard in the background, JFK Bridge:

Powerbeam at 300 Mbps to Cambridge Boat Club roof 1 mile away and 2nd to timing station at Riverside Boatclub near microcenter on memorial drive:

IMG_2717-L-L.jpg

Wow... man if I understood 1/93rd of that I would be surprised. Either way you have me sold; buy that man a beer [emoji482]

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

IMG_2717-L-L.jpg

You are the man Eric!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty far out... you trust the forecast for tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I trust the forecast to be accurate??? No, but the days for rain will be dry and the dry days will have rain. Either way I'm guessing the log deck will get some moisture.

Either way my plane tickets from the Midwest are locked in so Steve and Scott will see me no matter what happens. Just hoping for a dry fri-sun and I'll be happy! Got some stops at national parks and road side attractions in route from Long Island with Ray. Should be an awesome trip!!!

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
7:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a YouTube channel, I could try and figure out of to go live. I know Facebook has that feature also but I've not used that either...
Don't go to much trouble,but anything would be appreciated!!! What is the name of your channel? Thanks, Matt