High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Unique depth gauge adjustment setup.......

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, they have a high resolution camera/smartphone but not a simple cheap flat file?!?!

Their way of doing something that we do differently.
Fine if it works for them I guess!

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, they have a high resolution camera/smartphone but not a simple cheap flat file?!?!

Their way of doing something that we do differently.
Fine if it works for them I guess!

Years ago I worked at a lumber molding mill in El Paso Texas and we had a "twin plant" across the border in Juarez Mexico

I had to go over occasionally and do precision millwright repairs the locals weren't capable of

I was there once and the welder was putting something together with a stick welder and didn't even have a helmet; he just held up the darkened glass in front of his eyes

That was business as usual

On another trip they had a big diesel generator running because power over there was so unreliable

I had to laugh when I looked at it and saw that the alternator was adjusted/tensioned/ held in place by a large rock that was wedged between the alternator body and the engine block

On another trip out the old railroad tracks to Columbus New Mexico we came across an ancient flatbed truck with 17 times the load it should have had

One of the rubber brake lines between the metal tubes and the brake cylinders had ruptured and leaked out all the fluid

The Mexicans who were driving the truck had almost no tools and we stopped to offer help

Those were the days before the drug nightmare and we all got along

The guys thanked us but they had already pinched off the brake line with a pair of vice grips they had and one of them was standing on the fender peeing in the master cylinder as his compadre pumped the brakes and the other bled it by using the same vice grips he had used to roll up and pinch off the metal line above the rubber

If you got nothing you make do

I would have probably still been out there scratching my head and waiting for someone to come along with a bleeding kit and a container of brake fluid

:roto2nuse:

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
typically, around my parts the south of the border labor force has some very unique ways of accomplishing things like rubbing a drill bit on concrete to get and edge, same for chisels. One of my customers brought in a $500 saw blade that all the carbide tips had been broken off, his labor force decided it cut better that way. being in the repair end of things all my life nothing really surprises me any more, but sure do get some great laughs- and get to make a few bucks besides.

jetsam

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The oddest part to me was the dummy spark plug (If you don't want it to fire when you turn the crank, take the wire off? o_O Why strip the threads in the powerhead with spark plug swaps four times a day? )

If you really don't have a $2 file that lasts for years, can you really afford to screw up the chain and the powerhead in one go? Now you need two files AND a helicoil kit that costs 10x what a file does...

Looks less like resourceful improvisation and more like lazy, using someone else's tools to me.