huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
1:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If we were all ambidextrous, had bidirectional foredom motors, and both left and right burrs, I’d bet wash patterns would be more similar. But even Stihl staggered the transfers from left to right for some reason, so most every 2 port will have a non-matching pattern

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But even Stihl staggered the transfers from left to right for some reason, so most every 2 port will have a non-matching pattern

It's much like how our toilets swirl in one direction and down under, they swirl in the other direction. :tiburon:

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's much like how our toilets swirl in one direction and down under, they swirl in the other direction. :tiburon:
Perhaps I should send it your way Steveo to see if the wash pattern transposes? ;)

Seriously now, I appreciate all you lads replies, tbh I wasn't too worried about it at all, just thought it would be a good conversation starter, after all I am resurrecting a dead old thread!

I'm more concerned about the consistency of my own wash pattern....at least once a day... otherwise my wife complains I smell like 'old lawnmowers' and that isn't a brand of aftershave I can assure you :D

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Perhaps I should send it your way Steveo to see if the wash pattern transposes? ;)

Seriously now, I appreciate all you lads replies, tbh I wasn't too worried about it at all, just thought it would be a good conversation starter, after all I am resurrecting a dead old thread!

I'm more concerned about the consistency of my own wash pattern....at least once a day... otherwise my wife complains I smell like 'old lawnmowers' and that isn't a brand of aftershave I can assure you :D

It has cleaned the vast majority of the top of the piston off, which is more than you can say for most.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
1:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Mason, what would you consider to be 'right'?
With the ground electrode at the roof of the combustion chamber and the gap open pointed to the piston.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never bothered with indexing a plug in a saw myself but I do unshroud the plug only takes a minute with a file. Have I tested results in a lab no but my saws run good.

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like this file the ground strap back so it exposes half the center electrodeView attachment 307283
Thanks Rouge, interesting solution! I never thought of that. I use Japanese NGK's which I find very consistent.

Hows Aussie? You're Brisbane way, aren't you? I follow your posts with interest and I recently picked up a very early 088 with the cast muffler, unlimited coil, and no limiters on the carb just like yours. haven't had a chance to give it a good run yet though....

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes are they a copy or did Bosch start making them in China. I had one melt the centre electrode in a 576 husky . Wondered why it was getting a little slow starting
Dibs on the German bosch. The new chinesium bosch plugs stink.