TreeMonkey Red Light 066 Build

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Rouge, interesting solution! I never thought of that. I use Japanese NGK's which I find very consistent.

Hows Aussie? You're Brisbane way, aren't you? I follow your posts with interest and I recently picked up a very early 088 with the cast muffler, unlimited coil, and no limiters on the carb just like yours. haven't had a chance to give it a good run yet though....

I can't take credit that's a common spark plug mod.

Yeah I'm south-east QLD all good here. It's starting to warm up bout bloody time.

Cool you picked up an 088 do you still have your 084?

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't take credit that's a common spark plug mod.

Yeah I'm south-east QLD all good here. It's starting to warm up bout bloody time.

Cool you picked up an 088 do you still have your 084?
Yep, the real tidy one that Tony @Brewz ported for me, it's still here and won't be going anywhere soon. There is something dodgy about the oiler though, although it looks perfect inside with no wear I can't get it to push out enough oil, and wound right up uses only a 3rd to 1/2 a tank of oil to a tank of fuel and it simply isn't enough for long bars. The auxiliary button works well, but I don't want to be holding that down the whole time either. I'm not sure what to do apart from trying another pump. My friends 084 has exactly the same symptoms and we're both scratching our heads, it's almost if the pump is cavitating or something.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
9:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, the real tidy one that Tony @Brewz ported for me, it's still here and won't be going anywhere soon. There is something dodgy about the oiler though, although it looks perfect inside with no wear I can't get it to push out enough oil, and wound right up uses only a 3rd to 1/2 a tank of oil to a tank of fuel and it simply isn't enough for long bars. The auxiliary button works well, but I don't want to be holding that down the whole time either. I'm not sure what to do apart from trying another pump. My friends 084 has exactly the same symptoms and we're both scratching our heads, it's almost if the pump is cavitating or something.
I’ve seen varnish from old oil sitting in them for years at a time without being used. On the one I’m referring to, the pump had actually locked up and stripped the plastic gears. It took some twisting and prying and lots of scrubbing to get it apart and get things cleaned up. I would imagine that same type of varnish could be limiting the stroke

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve seen varnish from old oil sitting in them for years at a time without being used. On the one I’m referring to, the pump had actually locked up and stripped the plastic gears. It took some twisting and prying and lots of scrubbing to get it apart and get things cleaned up. I would imagine that same type of varnish could be limiting the stroke
Thanks Kev, I'll whip it off over the weekend and have another look. Do you reckon try soaking it in Carb cleaner?

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

No idea whats up with the 084 oiler never owned one myself.
Apart from my 090 I don't own a Stihl saw that puts out enough oil pumps are all on max I don't even run long bars, even 661 is stingy with pin nocked in.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Kev, I'll whip it off over the weekend and have another look. Do you reckon try soaking it in Carb cleaner?
I was using everything. In conjunction with small wire brushes like from a gun cleaning kit

It's pretty common on 084s - People would buy them to cut up or mill a couple big trees or logs and then put them away with full tanks.

I pull the oilers completely apart and wash everything out with fresh, straight gas and that seems to work as well as anything.

Over time, the insulation on the override cable hardens and cracks but that thick heat-shrink tubing works perfectly to replace it.

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
d0193749a1c859192fb8db66e9e99d07.jpg

d0d502ea4a9350b7548f8d074c6b2f75.jpg

All parts blasted and cleaned masked and plugged already for powder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk