CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
light and tough are solid.
Its funny, here in oz I buy Tsumura solid RSN bars and they have 'light and tough' stenciled onto the bars in red along with the Tsumura label however they are just the standard solid bars!lol They come from the factory like this but we all seem to talk about brands based on what is sold in the US. Many other examples out there with saws etc. I wish we had rebranded 'Total' bars or something similar as they are hard to beat for the price. I get Tsumuras at roughly half the cost of Stihl ES bars lol, unless I buy a new saw with a stihl bar replacements are always AM Windsors/Tsumuras.

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Its funny, here in oz I buy Tsumura solid RSN bars and they have 'light and tough' stenciled onto the bars in red along with the Tsumura label however they are just the standard solid bars!lol They come from the factory like this but we all seem to talk about brands based on what is sold in the US. Many other examples out there with saws etc. I wish we had rebranded 'Total' bars or something similar as they are hard to beat for the price. I get Tsumuras at roughly half the cost of Stihl ES bars lol, unless I buy a new saw with a stihl bar replacements are always AM Windsors/Tsumuras.
There was a guy selling them on ebay.com.au that had the l&t print on the non-insert (thus non l&t) solid bars. The l&t are still solid, as in not laminated, but have the inserts to save weight - just to clarify. He had some good prices too, which I put down to the mis-printing.

My first Tsumura was a Carlton premium sprocket tip on closeout from baileys. Busted a sprocket nose after kissing the dirt too often and thought to myself 'geeze, these things aren't as good as everyone raves about' but haven't busted a thing on the three non-laminated Tsumuras I have ever since. And the rails don't seem to wear like other bars I have used. So, I'm very happy with 'em, except the laminated Tsumura bar I used (was a Total bar) b/c it was just as prone to pretzling as all the other laminated bars I have used, so there endith that laminated small bar experiment. The search for a solid, Tsumura, small bar for picco/LP chain continues though. For now, it's solid GB, which seem OK.

How do the Windsors compare to the Tsumuras? Haven't used that, or any Stihl branded bar.

Looks like the Shindaiwa's are coming with Sugi's in NZ but not in USA. Hard to keep up with who is making what. A bit like chain. Last roll of chain I bought was carlton branded lazer.

I would like to see how longer (than they currently do - say 70"+), milling Tsumura bars would compare to the GB bars for sag and wear. For people doing a lot of slabbing, or with slabbers on their mills, the Tsumuras might be interesting.

Last edited:

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
7:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I saw the L&T ones listed in a catalogue and got excited. As with many things there is a difference between what the manufacturer makes and what the distributors are willing to offer. Living in Canada we see this a ton...

At least the L&T bars are available in .058 in Canada. :D

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
12:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
What's the price for a small-mount 16" .050-3/8" bar and how many drivers?

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
small mount .325 .050 in 16 and 18 light and tough are ordered. supposed to be here end of next month.

small mount 3/8 050 24 light and tough are ordered

K041 16" .325 050 light and tough is ordered.

i will have some stihl mount 36" 3/8 063 bars available next week.

there is a list of other bars they are considering bringing in based on recomendations/requests but they havent decided yet on just what they will start stocking.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
AWESOME! !!!
Just a quick question on the A041 can you just swap the tip to make it a 3/8 lp? Or does that need a totally different bar. When I get my 421 I am thinking about running the stihl picco 63ps. Or ps3.
Thank you for ordering those. I will start hiding money now from the wife to order that k095 3/8 24"

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
KO 41 = :aplastao: Great to hear.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's the price for a small-mount 16" .050-3/8" bar and how many drivers?

nonexistent unless you want hardnose bars.

AWESOME! !!!
Just a quick question on the A041 can you just swap the tip to make it a 3/8 lp? Or does that need a totally different bar."

Those of us running 3/8 picco PS on our 420/421's are holding out.
KO 41 3/8lp .050 16" For The Sale.
The stock laminate bars on 420/421's don't hold under heavy use like the saw will. Honest.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Its funny, here in oz I buy Tsumura solid RSN bars and they have 'light and tough' stenciled onto the bars in red along with the Tsumura label however they are just the standard solid bars!lol They come from the factory like this ..... .

As I understand it, that was an error made at the factory with a batch of bars - and I have seen those bars sold at discounted prices.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those of us running 3/8 picco PS on our 420/421's are holding out.
KO 41 3/8lp .050 16" For The Sale.
The stock laminate bars on 420/421's don't hold under heavy use like the saw will. Honest.
Picco guys are sh*t out of luck. the A041 bars are discontinued.
K041 is the .325 version of A041...different bar profile so the tips wont interchange.
If you want a good 3/8lp bar it appears that a Cannon supermini is going to be the only choice.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stihl mount 32" & 36" 3/8 .063
getting a limited number of the 36" 3/8 063 in. No 32" at this time...they didnt seem to keen on ordering them and i am not going to order 50 of them myself unless i can presell the vast majority which i dont think is likely to happen.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
K041 is the .325 version of A041...different bar profile so the tips wont interchange.
If you want a good 3/8lp bar it appears that a Cannon supermini is going to be the only choice.

Oh well it sucks being us.:(

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sooooo of when does the supermini go on a half price sale? Lol

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sooooo of when does the supermini go on a half price sale? Lol

Be aware that the Cannon "C" mount is a combination A/K095 (small Husky)/041/074 (3005 Stihl) mount - and that some of the oil holes may need to be blocked, depending on which saw it is used on.
I am not sure, but believe the tail size really is "K", and not "A" - but that usually doesn't matter much, if at all(?).

Last edited: