Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
11:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
those .058 and .063 bars are so unpopular that until this week i had never sold a .058 large husky bar and the small husky stuff that only comes in 58 produces lots of grumbling customers and quite a few lost sales so it will take lots of convincing to get me to pony up for 50 bars of anything in 58 or 63 gauge
It gets kind of crazy. I am trying to whittle my stuff down to 3/8 .50 and simplify my life...

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Group buy... Group buy... Group buy...

Everybody loves discounts...

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
i am up for that if the numbers are there to move the quantity of bars required....remember it takes 50 of each size to get them imported and its a 4-6 month lead time on them.

Tilton is asking me how much interest there is in certain bars and to give them feed back on which bars they should order....that doesnt mean they will listen to me. What they arent willing to order in and stock i am gauging interest in so i can order them myself.

i thought there would be some interest in light weight bars for top handle saws since i seem to get asked about them on a regular basis but not one person here or AS has mentioned them

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It gets kind of crazy. I am trying to whittle my stuff down to 3/8 .50 and simplify my life...
that is the reason i sell almost every 510 and 5105 dolmar with 3/8 .050 bars. It isnt optimal and the 510 especially would perform better with .325 but going 3/8 on everything i sell makes life easy. I did the same with Jred....PED sold me saws with .058 B&C. I turned around and sold the 58 gauge bars on AS trading post so that when i sold the saws locally they would go out the door with .050. Thankfully Hayward is giving us a choice between .050 and .058 on the lower end saws and the pro saws are sold PHO so i dont have to dump the useless bars

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
10:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i am up for that if the numbers are there to move the quantity of bars required....remember it takes 50 of each size to get them imported and its a 4-6 month lead time on them.

Tilton is asking me how much interest there is in certain bars and to give them feed back on which bars they should order....that doesnt mean they will listen to me. What they arent willing to order in and stock i am gauging interest in so i can order them myself.

i thought there would be some interest in light weight bars for top handle saws since i seem to get asked about them on a regular basis but not one person here or AS has mentioned them
50 of each size might be doable in some set ups but likely not many. Can they be the same length but different mounts? Or is it 50 per sku?

With regards to the top handles I wonder how many of the arborists that are the most frequent users of top handles would have even seen your posts. Are they true saw geeks?

I like your philosophy of trying to equip everything with 3/8 .050.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20" 3/8 .050 small mount light and tough is ordered.

easy if it is a laminate bar. solid bar will be much more difficult to drill the oil hole on

light weight i assume

i have been thinking about these too but keep in mind with the small mount husky 18" that they are 68DL....difference in length between a 18" and 20" is less than 1/2"....still interested in 18" bars?

maybe not, but still 16''

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
50 of each size might be doable in some set ups but likely not many. Can they be the same length but different mounts? Or is it 50 per sku?

With regards to the top handles I wonder how many of the arborists that are the most frequent users of top handles would have even seen your posts. Are they true saw geeks?

I like your philosophy of trying to equip everything with 3/8 .050.

50 per sku

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would like to see 32 and 36 in large Husky and Stihl.

Joe
i asked about those bars just yesterday but there really isnt much interest in the 36" large husky because i have only sold 2 36" bars in the last year. Stihl bars stop at 28" in both light weight and standard so i cant really judge the true potential of them.

weedkilla

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i
thought there would be some interest in light weight bars for top handle saws since i seem to get asked about them on a regular basis but not one person here or AS has mentioned them
They are cool as all hell, but they don't add up - the stihl and husky lightweight bars are lighter and last well enough.

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So as the title says. What bars would you like to see available from Total in the future?

Current offering in the Light and Tough are as follows
Stihl mount 20, 24, 28" 3/8 .050
Large Husky 20, 24, 28" 3/8 .050

I have 20" 3/8 .050 small husky ordered and they will be here in May sometime.

Total Super Bars are available in a fairly large selection but leaves some holes that i would like to see filled.

What do you all think needs added to the lineup? What should i order or request them to start stocking?

The next bar I buy is going to be a
Stihl mount 20" 3/8 .050
So you already have me covered (and I have the product bookmarked on your site).

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I have been curious about the lightweight bars for Stihl top handles. It's just a matter of weight. I've never seen any weight comparisons of the available bars other than the Stihl catalog that says their lw is 30% lighter. When you're already dragging 15 or 20 lbs of gear up a tree you don't want a heavier bar than stock that is called a lw. I use a 18" Stihl laminate on my 361 to block down simply because it's light.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have been curious about the lightweight bars for Stihl top handles. It's just a matter of weight. I've never seen any weight comparisons of the available bars other than the Stihl catalog that says their lw is 30% lighter. When you're already dragging 15 or 20 lbs of gear up a tree you don't want a heavier bar than stock that is called a lw. I use a 18" Stihl laminate on my 361 to block down simply because it's light.
just weighed these this morning. T204FK4 weighs 2 pounds 9 oz. stihl 24" ES bar(30030008830) weighs in at 3 pounds 10 ounces. not sure what the smaller bars would net in weight reduction since the only RW bar available is the Stihl bar.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the more I think about it- is there are lite bar avail in small mount husq that is 24''? my ported 262 and 357 would have no problem with a 24'' bar.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
the more I think about it- is there are lite bar avail in small mount husq that is 24''? my ported 262 and 357 would have no problem with a 24'' bar.
no but seriously thinking about ordering some....maybe i should start a thread on pre ordering/group buying them...there does seem to be quite a bit of interest in the 24" small mount with saws like the 2258/2260/555/6100

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
no but seriously thinking about ordering some....maybe i should start a thread on pre ordering/group buying them...there does seem to be quite a bit of interest in the 24" small mount with saws like the 2258/2260/555/6100
yes.