The Swap Meet Thread

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If Chainsaw-57 says they're NLA at Bryan Equipment you can take that to the bank. Maybe take a shot with Midwest Stihl in Wisconsin? Not as big as Bryan Equipment, but still cover a lot of territory. Good luck.

Bodell0

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who has any 372 serial number badges. I recently just got done with a 372 xpw and just throws off the nice perfect look with the rivets and badge missing. Thanks

ErnieG

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for a Jonsered 930 cylinder.
Let me know if you have one to sell
Thanks...Ernie

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need a starter for a 2141-2153 Jonsered. Checking here before ebay. Thanks.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 461 starter that has a half torn elastostart, and I can't get the screw out that holds the pulley on. Are they easy to rewind once apart? I remember having a very hard time with a 372 or 359 that had the spring pop out. I may just want to buy a used starter for the right price, or trade/ partial trade this one for a used one, rather than mess with breaking tools, then going to the screw extractor and ordering a new screw. I have a new elastiostart for it already.

Last edited:

Flying_Dutchman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 461 starter that has a half torn elastostart, and I can't get the screw out that holds the pulley on. Are they easy to rewind once apart? I remember having a very hard time with a 372 or 359 that had the spring pop out. I may just want to buy a used starter for the right price, or trade/ partial trade this one for a used one, rather than mess with breaking tools, then going to the screw extractor and ordering a new screw. I have a new elastiostart for it already.
You can change the elasto start without taking the pulley off. Sometimes it's a pain to feed the new rope through, but very doable. [emoji106]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Flying_Dutchman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also you can take the pulley off without talking that screw out. If you take the little clip off that holds your starter pawls in, the pulley slides right off. If you go that route, be careful not to let the rewind spring come out.

Flying_Dutchman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Strike that.

What screw?

As F_D says, just remove the pawl clip from the post and slide the pulley off..., unless you mean you can't get the starter assembly off the saw at all. Here's what ya got...

I was thinking he meant#6 in the picture...

Flying_Dutchman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But if he just needs a new string and handle, even that would be unnecessary...

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll give it another look. I thought the screw had to come out. Thanks for the help.
Honestly nothing has to come apart for a pull start and handle change. Ive done this 4-5 times by preloading the spring 3 full rotations , holding it then threading the rope through the starter hole into the pulley ( tie a knot), then just wrapping the rope around the pulley until the handle is close to the hole . When you let go of the pulley the preload will pull the handle tight to the starter housing. Wala your done.

Flying_Dutchman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly nothing has to come apart for a pull start and handle change. Ive done this 4-5 times by preloading the spring 3 full rotations , holding it then threading the rope through the starter hole into the pulley ( tie a knot), then just wrapping the rope around the pulley until the handle is close to the hole . When you let go of the pulley the preload will pull the handle tight to the starter housing. Wala your done.
You don't even need to pre load the spring. Once you get the new rope tied in, rotate the pulley 3 or 4 turns, and let the spring wind the rope on itself. If that's not enough, give it one more till it is.

Flying_Dutchman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of those things that's kinda hard to explain, but easy to show... I'll try to make a video if none of that made any sense.