DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bandit6100, the ported 6100 runs great....keeps getting stronger as its still breaking in. Takes forever....lol
It was what it really needed...it was good just lacking pop....it now has pop!!!! It's really a fun saw to run now...very quick!!

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ridgerunner, your bog on your BB may be due to fuel starvation off idle.... You may try richening the L more. You will probably need to increase the idle as it will slow with more fuel at idle. The BB kits can use a lot more fuel than the 64cc top ends, but you should still have good throttle responce with them.
As mentioned there could be an issue with the kit. Did you use the base gasket? If you did on the NWP kits I've seen they can usually go without.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ridgerunner, your bog on your BB may be due to fuel starvation off idle.... You may try richening the L more. You will probably need to increase the idle as it will slow with more fuel at idle. The BB kits can use a lot more fuel than the 64cc top ends, but you should still have good throttle responce with them.
As mentioned there could be an issue with the kit. Did you use the base gasket? If you did on the NWP kits I've seen they can usually go without.

Hi Poleman. I did use the base gasket when I installed the kit. I figured I'd install it the way they sent it. It certainly uses more fuel now, than with the original 64cc top end, but I'm not bothered by it. I've ran a couple more tanks through it since I posted the question. It might seem to be a little more responsive now, but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my end. I'll try and richen the L, and re check the idle. I figured I'd give it ten tanks or so before I tear it back apart.
Is Dirko the preferred material if I remove the base gasket? If I do end up removing it, what squish should I be looking at?
Thank you for the tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ridgerider, it possible it starting to break in a little more. I really think your on the right path.

Yes Dirko will work good!! You sho9kminuld be looking for .020 anything less you'll be in the caution zone. If it's less (.017-.019) bolt the cylinder on and feel for interference at TDC. If you need a little clearance, use a cheap paler plate and make a gasket (usually there .005 thick) for a little bump. At 20 you'll be safe and get a good compression increase.....that will help with your current issues and give the saw even more torque.
It would be interesting to know what your preasnt squish is now. That would give you an idea what you'll end up with by subtracting the thickness of the base gasket.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ridgerider, it possible it starting to break in a little more. I really think your on the right path.

Yes Dirko will work good!! You sho9kminuld be looking for .020 anything less you'll be in the caution zone. If it's less (.017-.019) bolt the cylinder on and feel for interference at TDC. If you need a little clearance, use a cheap paler plate and make a gasket (usually there .005 thick) for a little bump. At 20 you'll be safe and get a good compression increase.....that will help with your current issues and give the saw even more torque.
It would be interesting to know what your preasnt squish is now. That would give you an idea what you'll end up with by subtracting the thickness of the base gasket.
Thanks the advice and tips. I'll check squish later this week, and see where I'm at. If I'm within the range to remove the base gasket, I will. Are there any draw backs to removing it, given it is not below .020, or is it all gain?

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All gain...stronger saw, pull harder in wood!!!! No I have never encountered any draw backs doing a gasket delete. Good, cheap way to increase performance!!
Only draw back is you'll want more!!!! Lol

I can deal with that!! Lol
I see a gasket delete in my near future. More is always better! At least when we're talking power.... And bacon!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
7:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The ps-6100 has been out now for nearly three years now for me it's been my best seller this year , followed by the ps-420 the ps-5105 sales have been slow over here , it seems to be popular to have a 40cc and a 60cc and there isn't a need for a 50cc , and the good old ps-9010 still keeps on selling maybe one saw a month

What is the talk in the woods about the ps-6100 My personal veiw is dolmar have developed a humdinger

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like mine. First one got stolen. Got a 262 XP as a replacement. Then I got a second 262 XP. Both with fresh rebuilds. Then I bought another new 6100. One or both of those 262's can be bought. Not cheaply but they can be bought.
V__9ACC.jpg

Last edited:

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right ON......BACON!!!!!! LOL
I finally got around to checking the squish on the Makita with the NWP kit. I'm looking at .048" right now. I checked several times, and they all measured the same.
The base gasket is 0.5mm if I remember correctly, which is .020". Do these numbers sound right? If so, I'm well within the range of a gasket delete. Is there anything else I should be doing while I have it apart?

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
1:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The ps-6100 has been out now for nearly three years now for me it's been my best seller this year , followed by the ps-420 the ps-5105 sales have been slow over here , it seems to be popular to have a 40cc and a 60cc and there isn't a need for a 50cc , and the good old ps-9010 still keeps on selling maybe one saw a month

What is the talk in the woods about the ps-6100 My personal veiw is dolmar have developed a humdinger
The 6100 is a fantastic saw in the timber. But everyone knows my view of it. My 7 year old girl can start it and It can drop and buck any hardwood tree I have on our property if I wanted. I have a YouTube channel with it in action.

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
finally got around to checking the squish on the Makita with the NWP kit. I'm looking at .048" right now. I checked several times, and they all measured the same.
The base gasket is 0.5mm if I remember correctly, which is .020". Do these numbers sound right? If so, I'm well within the range of a gasket delete. Is there anything else I should be doing while I have it apart?

Ridge, You are correct...a gasket delete is well in order and will really help the saw. You will still have a squish of +-.028 which is well in order when done. It's still not optimal but VERY livable!!

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I've been pretty happy with the 7910. Made short work of this gnarly 40"dbh boxelder. @CoreyB your 6100 is running pretty sweet these days! I might have to think about one in the future.

20160617_180715.jpg

Attachments

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
finally got around to checking the squish on the Makita with the NWP kit. I'm looking at .048" right now. I checked several times, and they all measured the same.

Ridge, You are correct...a gasket delete is well in order and will really help the saw. You will still have a squish of +-.028 which is well in order when done. It's still not optimal but VERY livable!!
Could sand the base to knock more off

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk