ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
7:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpg Today I was putting a HD filter on a new PS-7910 and I thought I would put the compression tester on the saw it was run for about 10 mins at PDI last week. just too make sure it was good for the new owner
I was suprised

shorthunter

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No...
49e65f3f68953debb5935bee3ee03bad.jpg

88f6c83c7ee730f5273a3a32f692335b.jpg

They are all NOS KS (KolbenSchmidt) 143's... [emoji48]

I have a couple NOS 123 top ends kicking around the shop somewhere too.

Whereabouts did you find those?

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
2:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 21960 Today I was putting a HD filter on a new PS-7910 and I thought I would put the compression tester on the saw it was run for about 10 mins at PDI last week. just too make sure it was good for the new owner
I was suprised
Most of the newer pro-Dolmar/Makita's are 200psi by the time they break in.

shorthunter

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speaking of old dolmar cylinders, anyone know if the cutoff saws shared timing numbers with the equivalent chainsaw model? IE, 343 - 143

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys. Since this is the official Dolmar and Makita thread, this is probably the best place to ask this question. I have a Makita 6421 with an NWP big bore kit. The saw runs great, idles great, but the throttle response is mediocre at best. The H adjusts fine and I've got it four stroking wot and it cleans up nicely in the cut. The L doesn't seem to have the same fine adjustability as the H.
I am no expert on carb tuning, but know the basics. Do any of you have any tips or tricks? From what I understand a few of you have installed these kits quite successfully many times. The saw feels great and cuts great, but I wish I could get that throttle to be more responsive. The saw has only about 2 tanks through it since the big bore kit was installed, and the the muffler gutted. Any help is appreciated.

bandit6100

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We are a Dolmar dealer and getting good info out of the new Makita/Dolmar has been difficult. We are able to get Dolmar parts and saws out of Dolmar's US distribution center in Georgia, we toyed with the idea of dropping Dolmar due to the uncertainty and hassle but we love their saws so much we re upped with the new Dolmar/Makita, keeping our fingers crossed. We do not have a Dolmar rep, I was told they are gone and we may see a Makita rep who is probably busy calling on ACME Tool sites, and small Dolmar saw shops are likely not on their radar. A couple of things I have been told is that the Dolmar Red is gone in the US so Makita Blue will be the new norm, now what is unclear is if the Dolmar name will still be present on the US saws. Another disturbing issue is Dolmar saws being built at the Makita factory in China. We first noticed the PS-32 started showing up with a "made in China" on the label, I raised hell with our rep that was two years ago. I have since been told the ps-35 is now also being produced at the Makita factory in China and they are now called ps-35C, you now know what the C stands for. As bad as that is I have to admit the ps-32 built at the China factory is twice the saw the Stihl ms-181 is, whats a guy to do? I will post when we get more info!
No they are staying with same color

bandit6100

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys. Since this is the official Dolmar and Makita thread, this is probably the best place to ask this question. I have a Makita 6421 with an NWP big bore kit. The saw runs great, idles great, but the throttle response is mediocre at best. The H adjusts fine and I've got it four stroking wot and it cleans up nicely in the cut. The L doesn't seem to have the same fine adjustability as the H.
I am no expert on carb tuning, but know the basics. Do any of you have any tips or tricks? From what I understand a few of you have installed these kits quite successfully many times. The saw feels great and cuts great, but I wish I could get that throttle to be more responsive. The saw has only about 2 tanks through it since the big bore kit was installed, and the the muffler gutted. Any help is appreciated.
Give ring time to seat

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi All,

Who would be a good bugger to get a few parts for my 7900 from please? Obviously, someone who doesn't mind the hassle of sending overseas and is happy with paypal.

Ta,
Tony