Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys. I have a question for the Dolmar guys on here. I've been jonesing for a 7900 or 7910 for a while now. I have the opportunity to pick up a new 7910 power head for $715.00. I have bars and chains already. From what I've seen that seems like a good price. Should I jump on this, or should I contact some of the Dolmar dealers here on the site first?

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a great price.
I figured it was. The saw is on its way. I wanted to get a red one before they're called Makita. Not that it'll really make a difference, but this was more "just because".
I should probably sell a couple of other saws to make room... On the other hand, I probably won't...:D

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I figured it was. The saw is on its way. I wanted to get a red one before they're called Makita. Not that it'll really make a difference, but this was more "just because".
I should probably sell a couple of other saws to make room... On the other hand, I probably won't...:D
You better get after that one.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
5:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
6100 Red Oak
View attachment 25388

3/8 skip RS,no problem. I was a little surprised.
Looks like the operator has enough skill to get the most out of the 6100 to me.;)
Did you fell it with the 6100?
Is that a 20" Sugi?
Love the wrap handle. I switch back and forth between the wrap and standard lol.

exSW

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Blow down. It's a lot easier to look good when everything works right. Bar is a 20" Sugi. Ifound something about that wrap I like. If you tote the saw where the handle splits it balances better.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Blow down. It's a lot easier to look good when everything works right. Bar is a 20" Sugi. Ifound something about that wrap I like. If you tote the saw where the handle splits it balances better.
The rear bar nut is a slight annoyance i have not shortened a scrench yet so I have to have two tools. I do like it on hillsides while felling.
That Sugi looks sweet.

exSW

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a handy setup. That slope is about a 14/12 . I had to climb up it about 35' to finish off a 15" beech that the oak tore up.on the way down. Throw a humbolt in it and make the gun cut with one set. Don't have to move around. Nice thing about a full wrap

rainmen/Rainman72

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Looking at getting a small saw, for camping /4wd trails.
I have a shiny 500 with 18" bar, but tbh it's a bit big to chuck in the back of the jeep " just in case".
Also like the idea of having a back up saw, it can be disappointing, to organise time, trailer and access and then have the 30 yr old saw throw a wobbly.
Was looking at around 35cc nobody seems to have much positive to say about the stihl ms 170/180, here in oz smallest husky is a 40cc with uninspiring weight / power numbers. so was looking at the makita ea3601f with a 14" bar.
Has anybody used one ? Got any input you would like to pass On?

http://www.makitauk.com/products/ou...aws/ea3601f40b-petrol-chain-saw-40cm-bar.html

Last edited:

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a shiny 500 with 18" bar, but tbh it's a bit big to chuck in the back of the jeep " just in case".
Also like the idea of having a back up saw, it can be disappointing, to organise time, trailer and access and then have the 30 yr old saw throw a wobbly.
Was looking at around 35cc nobody seems to have much positive to say about the stihl ms 170/180, here in oz smallest husky is a 40cc with uninspiring weight / power numbers. so was looking at the makita ea3601f with a 14" bar.

http://www.makitauk.com/products/ou...aws/ea3601f40b-petrol-chain-saw-40cm-bar.html
I am a big fan of the 4300 it is heavier but for a all around saw they can handle almost anything an average guy would want to cut.
Not saying the other wouldn't handle it.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score

If 35cc is your choice then have a look at the Dolmar PS 35 ,I have heard very good things from Andrew (AJS Chainsaws ) ,or if you fancy a bit more then the PS 421 is 42 cc . I have a PS 420 (uk version) and can vouch for it as a good all rounder.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
11:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you can have a choice of colours red or teal on this new model the EA3601FR I haven't seen any reviews but you have loads of dealers near you image.jpg