High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
5:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think you can have a choice of colours red or teal on this new model the EA3601FR I haven't seen any reviews but you have loads of dealers near you View attachment 25808
Looking at getting a small saw, for camping /4wd trails.
I have a shiny 500 with 18" bar, but tbh it's a bit big to chuck in the back of the jeep " just in case".
Also like the idea of having a back up saw, it can be disappointing, to organise time, trailer and access and then have the 30 yr old saw throw a wobbly.
Was looking at around 35cc nobody seems to have much positive to say about the stihl ms 170/180, here in oz smallest husky is a 40cc with uninspiring weight / power numbers. so was looking at the makita ea3601f with a 14" bar.
Has anybody used one ? Got any input you would like to pass On?

http://www.makitauk.com/products/ou...aws/ea3601f40b-petrol-chain-saw-40cm-bar.html
I didn't realize at first which saw you had linked.
Yes get that. Get that right away. And take tons of videos and photos and share with us. That is the one saw that I want to check out before I buy a 421/4300
If it runs and handles like a mini 6100 that thing would be down right fantastic. Although I would rather have bar studs then the quick tension system.

rainmen/Rainman72

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes they are available in 2 colours, the red seems to be $150 more around here -must be faster :)
Getting hold of a one should not be a problem, just wanted to see if someone who knew something about chainsaws had used one. See what they thought, It is current generation tech out of Germany, I'm sure I will like it, but I don't know much about saws.

rainmen/Rainman72

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Will be a while yet I'm still away at work.
I think you might be able to get one with bar studs dolmar ps-352 I belive is the same saw. Can not get one off the shelf here though.
EA3600f same saw with 2bar nuts. Available in New Zealand for sure and prolly other countries.

Last edited:

rainmen/Rainman72

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If 35cc is your choice then have a look at the Dolmar PS 35 ,I have heard very good things from Andrew (AJS Chainsaws ) ,or if you fancy a bit more then the PS 421 is 42 cc . I have a PS 420 (uk version) and can vouch for it as a good all rounder.
Dolmar brand is not a option here only makita. But the dcs3500 from makita (ps-35 )is here. The one I linked to is the Strato version of a dolmar 35 cc saw. Ps-352

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Dolmar brand is not a option here only makita. But the dcs3500 from makita (ps-35 )is here. The one I linked to is the Strato version of a dolmar 35 cc saw. Ps-352
Dolmar/Makita .......Same more or less other than colour ... German built. You wont go far wrong with any of the ones we have mentioned between us .

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Will be a while yet I'm still away at work.
I think you might be able to get one with bar studs dolmar ps-352 I belive is the same saw. Can not get one off the shelf here though.
EA3600f same saw with 2bar nuts. Available in New Zealand for sure and prolly other countries.
$500 here.
BTW, dealer says any saw starting with ea is China assembled

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am almost positive that ea doesn't mean China assembled. If so that means the 6100 would be as well. If they did that it would definitely hurt their future sales.

rainmen/Rainman72

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Euro Approved, as in emissions? Just a wild ar$e guess.
Looks like all the EA are newer models with either catalytic converters, or strato engines.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Andrew may have some information as well being a UK Dolmar dealer and has been watching things closely !

Yes both the ps32c and ps-35c are assembled in China and for the EU are distributed from west Belgium

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Euro Approved, as in emissions? Just a wild ar$e guess.
Looks like all the EA are newer models with either catalytic converters, or strato engines.

Iam not 100% sure what the EA stands for but I don't think your far off the money with your take on the title

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Rang dealer, story changed to EA could be either German or Chinese. No idea what EA stood for.
Rang distributor:
6100 German, always has been.
EA does not guarantee China assembly, could be anything like German, China, Japan. No idea what EA stood for other than the "E" is supposed to stand for engine.
DCS guarantees German made.
Any of the sub-43cc saws could be made anywhere and it varies over time. E.g. 32/35cc saws started life at dolmar in Germany until they were satisfied with the design, then moved assembly (at least the stuff destined for down here) of these to China.
However, the 3600f appears to be the first of a new breed actually designed in Japan, possibly originally made in Japan to prove it and now assembled in China and released in greater numbers. I expect more of that approach with other models rather than through Germany to start with before moving to China.
Sound like not all the parts on the EA saws that are ex China are actually still made in Germany and shipped to China. Still need to check the dolmar mountain logo on the part to confirm if that part came from Germany.

Product origins are likely to keep changing.

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just a thought can you still get the dcs7900 in your country or certain parts for this model
Was under the impression 7900 was dolmar model code and 7901 was simply the 7900 in different colours for makita? That said, we can still get the 7901. Haven't seen a 7910 here but haven't really looked either.

*editing to add* regarding 7900 dolmar parts, I don't know. I actually, just recently, approached a dolmar dealer here for 7900 parts and he never got back to me after saying he'd get back with the pricing. So a dealer on here has hooked me up with the parts instead. Perhaps it means dolmar is on the way out here? I dunno. Always seemed an inevitability that makita would eventually cannibalize the dolmar branding down here. don't know for sure if that is happening here, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens over time.

Last edited:

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well I do hope they do not cut any corners and keep them built by one person and not an assembly line. I want to get my hands on a 3601 to put it through its paces. @fordf150 @166 can you hook me up. Lol

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
208a103d391482ba68697f64a5af5546.jpg

[emoji3]