The official OPE daycare thread

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got these for free today. JD STX38 with mismatch JD 111 hood, all new rubber, sat 3 yrs, not certain what I’m doing with it. Troy Bilt Pony tiller, sat several yrs, Liam’s with box full of new and used extra parts, plan on getting it operating for our own use.View attachment 417924
Does your Troy Bilt have a sticker with a man running a tiller? I like Troy Bilt tillers. Nice haul.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
6:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stopped in at the outdoor power equipment dealer today while my ma was in the nearby health food store. Colindicdently, my grandpa was there buying a brand new Troy-Bilt front tine tiller with an engine that’s supposed to be similar to Honda with better parts availability. Helped him load it and strap it down and talked to him a bit. They were just pissed off at their little Earthquake MC43 tiller so bought a new bigger one, we are still gonna fix the lil one so there’ll be 2 tillers on the farm. Also while there I found that the owner of the place is looking to hire, so I’m going to talk to him soon. I got my free rear tire tiller to run good for a few secs but the tank’s super rusty. Having trouble tracing electrical gremlins of the JD, might put some parts off of it on my grandpas JD.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay. That's my great Grandpa. He was one of the first to buy a Troy Bilt tiller. They came out and took a picture of him running it and used it on their machines and in adds.
NeetO If I ask you his name I bet your first answer will be "Great GRANDPA"
My friends Uncle designed the Nebraska Highway sign with OXEN pulling a covered wagon with their Heads down and working.
His Uncle was very MAD Because some NITWIT wanted the OXEN to look HAPPY so they redesigned it with the Oxen holding their heads High. Any one that knows something about oxen will say their head are down when they are working..

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That's the one. If you know your tillers you can tell it's also the Horse he is running there.
Cool as hell! Running it one handed. Bet he was waiting on a second tiller...ran both simultaneously 😂 People were tougher back then.
They were advertised as being able to be run with on hand. One of the nest tiller made to date. Imho
NeetO If I ask you his name I bet your first answer will be "Great GRANDPA"
My friends Uncle designed the Nebraska Highway sign with OXEN pulling a covered wagon with their Heads down and working.
His Uncle was very MAD Because some NITWIT wanted the OXEN to look HAPPY so they redesigned it with the Oxen holding their heads High. Any one that knows something about oxen will say their head are down when they are working..
You nailed it, I don't off the top of my head know. I was told but he's always been Great Grandpa Leaman to me. I atleast have the last name. lol

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Troy Bilt here NIB that I would love to sell someone
View attachment 418052
View attachment 418051
View attachment 418045
I’m probably going to pass since I just got the used tiller and need to save money, but how much would you be looking to get for it?
My great-great-great Grandpappy signed the US Constitution but wait............that is different :)

Funny thing is he did
Cool!
Okay. That's my great Grandpa. He was one of the first to buy a Troy Bilt tiller. They came out and took a picture of him running it and used it on their machines and in adds.
Cool!

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My great grandpa managed to invent a form of gasoline before it was widely available to the public. Then he got in trouble with the police for selling it to the neighbors.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m probably going to pass since I just got the used tiller and need to save money, but how much would you be looking to get for it?

Cool!

Cool!
Well they are $1070 new here so a reasonable offer.