MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I probably have some of what you need - It looks like you need a tank, intake manifold, both front and rear mounts, the front strut, An SP-specific carburetor, filter mount, filter, manual oiler rod and button,
fuel and pulse lines, front grounding wire, bar plates, felling spike(s), and a bar spacer if you plan to run a more modern bar.

Mark (@heimannm ) might be able to help with some of the smalls. I think I can help with the tank, manifold, handlebar clamps and crush tubes, front strut, manual oiler rod and button, and felling spike(s).
I probably have some of what you need - It looks like you need a tank, intake manifold, both front and rear mounts, the front strut, An SP-specific carburetor, filter mount, filter, manual oiler rod and button,
fuel and pulse lines, front grounding wire, bar plates, felling spike(s), and a bar spacer if you plan to run a more modern bar.

Thanks Jacob
I will PM you in the future.
Ray has sent me the IPL
So I will remove the parts that aren’t 125 and see what I need to find.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the Timber Bear running today.At first I thought it might be the flywheel,so I changed it,the keyway was still good.I got the saw to sputter,but that was it.Next I changed the electronic ignition module & it fired up on the 1st pull.Apparently when the broken screw got jammed in betweren the flywheel & module it damaged the module.I just gotta put some finishing touches on it & it's good to go.Too bad I'm done cutting for the season,Lol.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It never fails.Every yr.my neighbor comes by wanting me to take down or cut up a downed tree just as I think I'm done for the season,Lol.This a.m.he called me up wanting to know what I was doing.I told him I was just getting motivated for ther dasy.He asked me if I wanted to take a ride so he could show me some trees he wanted me to take down - 2 cherries & an ash.I never say no to free firewood,Lol.I guess the Timber Bear will get a workout after all.

Scott Kelsey

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
May i ask you guys if you have any thoughts as to why this SP81 starter cover has a hole in it? I know the 125's clutch covers could get holes from the clutch nut backing off. Is this the result of something similar. I have not had a chance to dig into it but thought why not ask here first. I want to figure this out before I hunt for a new cover.

Attachments

• 20220517_180020.jpg
    20220517_180020.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 24

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put the finishing touches on the Timber Bear yesterday.It runs great & the manual oiler is working,I don't know about the automatic oiler yet though.Something I didn't understand though - when I primed the oiler by pumping the manual button,a lot of black colored oil came off the bar & chain as I pointed it at a sheet of cardboard.The tank was new & so was the line I put in it.The oil was fresh,new bar oil.The only thing I can think of was it came from the bar & chain.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put the finishing touches on the Timber Bear yesterday.It runs great & the manual oiler is working,I don't know about the automatic oiler yet though.Something I didn't understand though - when I primed the oiler by pumping the manual button,a lot of black colored oil came off the bar & chain as I pointed it at a sheet of cardboard.The tank was new & so was the line I put in it.The oil was fresh,new bar oil.The only thing I can think of was it came from the bar & chain.
It does that. Theres a lot of crustiness in the bar groove.
It also takes a lot longer to prime than you think.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a 1-10 in really great condition from Feebay for $50.It was delivered today & I went through it right away.I had to change the plug & the fuel filter.I fueled it up & hit the primer on the little bullfrog carb about 3 times & it fired right up.It won't idle & stay running.I tried fiddling with the lo needle,but don't know much about the bullfrog carbs.When I hit the throttle it's quite snappy,just won't idle.It needs the baffle (which I have thanks to Mark H.) & a muffler cap,other than that the saw is complete (it even had both bar plates).Oh yeah,the primer button is missing,but I may have one here.It looks to be a low hour saw that was well taken care of.Pics to come...

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I picked up a 10-10 auto yesterday. fairly clean saw overall. Will take a closer look next week. Initially only item noticed was the muffler had some extra restriction reduction.
I was given a paper IPL, but could use any other manuals available. I believe it is a 1968.
20220518_202822.jpg 20220518_202830.jpg

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I picked up a 10-10 auto yesterday. fairly clean saw overall. Will take a closer look next week. Initially only item noticed was the muffler had some extra restriction reduction.
I was given a paper IPL, but could use any other manuals available. I believe it is a 1968.
View attachment 337250 View attachment 337251

link to the Standard MAC repair manual for the 10 series saws. Too large to attach. The link is to a cloud storage site.

https://app.box.com/s/alfhsyc2d1dprwat0b8191csbe8q8z4o

northwest saws

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would anybody be interested in a running 7-10?
49276c410863eaa0b21b3926a4e7b2b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

MNMacGuy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would anybody be interested in a running 7-10?
Ryan (northwest saws) is a great guy to buy a saw from. I recently got a saw from him and was very happy with how things turned out. Shoot him a message if you're interested in a 7-10 to see if you can work out a deal.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
8:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone here needs any of these Eager Beaver parts they can be yours if you cover the shipping. The black plastic Mac pulley is busted but someone posted up a fix over on AS, so you could salvage it if you needed.
IMG_0711.jpeg

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went out cutting on an ash today.My arsenal consisted of my Stihl MS250 & Homie SEZ,both for limbing.The bull work was to be done by my 5-10 & PM700.I was using the 5-10 to fell the tree when it just quit on me & I couldn't get it fired back up again.Fortunately the PM700 was big enough to do the job (20 in.bar).I got home with a good sized load of ash & had time to diagnose the 5-10.The plug went bad & it needed a new fuel filter as well.Once that was taken care of I had to re-tune the carb & it's running great again.The saw had a DJ7 in it & it should've had a DJ8.I put an AC Delco CS45T in it.I really like those AC Delco plugs.I remember when I was a small boy my grandfather used the AC Delco plugs in his tractors.They're kinda tough to find nowadays & they can get quite pricey too.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know if it is worth rebuilding a zama carb on a 310? Got one for free from the neighbor as he said it would run, cleaned the plug and got it to spark, gave it a squirt of mix and it fired right up. Carb parts lost their flexibility quite a while ago and the fuel line and filter turned to mush. I guess I could order one of the $10 carb kits on eBay.

Will take any advise I can get. The original bar and chain have almost no wear.IMG_6523.jpg IMG_6520-2.jpg IMG_6522.jpg IMG_6521.jpg

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know if it is worth rebuilding a zama carb on a 310? Got one for free from the neighbor as he said it would run, cleaned the plug and got it to spark, gave it a squirt of mix and it fired right up. Carb parts lost their flexibility quite a while ago and the fuel line and filter turned to mush. I guess I could order one of the $10 carb kits on eBay.

Will take any advise I can get. The original bar and chain have almost no wear.View attachment 337845 View attachment 337846 View attachment 337847 View attachment 337848
IMHO, yes.
Not out a lot of money.
If the throttle cable is still in one piece, your already winning.
The plastic jacket can break, and they wont throttle up is what I'm hearing.
Replacement cables can be had.
Also heard theres a lot going on in the air box where all the cables and fuel lines converge, which makes them a little difficult to work on.
If you have a little patience, it might make a good limbing/fence riding saw for you.
Ive also heard they were stout little saws.
Ive got a Super Pro 40. Not exactly the same, but its a stout little saw for its size.