High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Mac131

Active OPE Member
Local time
2:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
....they only made PM10-10's until '82. That would preclude a later 57cc model..., at least a chrome bore version according to at least one Service Bulletin which specified the introduction of 57cc 10 Series chrome bores didn't occur until 1983.
It just seems odd that they list the pro mac 10-10S specific part numbers in the pro mac 10-10 IPLs at all.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The starters were early and I read somewhere that export saws used them for a time. I would guess either the tooling was sent to the plant in Belgium (I think) and used for a time or the starters were cast in North America and sent there.

There are likely more of these in Europe than here

The two I have I suspect were some of the ones built here, maybe in the Toronto plant. The saws don't have anything on them to tell where they were made.

I will never use them as I would rather grab a 7-10A before a 10-10 but they are a nice addition to the very small collection of 10 series Mac's I have.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the flywheel side bearing and seal you can use the other combination, narrow bearing and seal with the larger O.D. (1.5") The same parts were used on many 10-10 saws and all of the 600 Series saws. McCulloch part numbers 67905 & 67906. I am pretty sure the actual bearing elements are the same but the narrow bearing lacks the wider outer race that the seal presses into. Bearing and seal O.D. are 1.5" and the shaft is 9/16".

If you take apart many 10-10 saws you will find this combination used frequently. Bob Johnson has the bearings and seals as they were also used on the 600 Series but you may have to remind Bob or just order by part number and leave it at that. We have had the conversation a few times. I found some seals a while back and ordered them all and divided them up with Bob so he may still have a few.

The PTO side is certainly BH108 and the PTO side seal is SKF 6119. The Pro Mac 60 and all of the 70 and 82 cc saws use the bearing insert (sleeve), on the smaller saws the bearing and seal install directly into the crankcase.

Here is a 1-10 with the narrow bearing and large O.D. seal installed.

IMG_3795 (640x480).jpg

Mark

Mac131

Active OPE Member
Local time
2:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
For the flywheel side bearing and seal you can use the other combination, narrow bearing and seal with the larger O.D. (1.5") The same parts were used on many 10-10 saws and all of the 600 Series saws. McCulloch part numbers 67905 & 67906. I am pretty sure the actual bearing elements are the same but the narrow bearing lacks the wider outer race that the seal presses into. Bearing and seal O.D. are 1.5" and the shaft is 9/16".

If you take apart many 10-10 saws you will find this combination used frequently. Bob Johnson has the bearings and seals as they were also used on the 600 Series but you may have to remind Bob or just order by part number and leave it at that. We have had the conversation a few times. I found some seals a while back and ordered them all and divided them up with Bob so he may still have a few.

The PTO side is certainly BH108 and the PTO side seal is SKF 6119. The Pro Mac 60 and all of the 70 and 82 cc saws use the bearing insert (sleeve), on the smaller saws the bearing and seal install directly into the crankcase.

Here is a 1-10 with the narrow bearing and large O.D. seal installed.

View attachment 292697

Mark
Thanks Mark. Great info!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've said it before .If you had two dozen smaller displacement ten series saws you could mix and match and get half the amount using the incorrect parts that would run .I can't rattle off the part numbers but I have done so with just boxes full of parts I had no idea which models they were originally made for .I've also robbed some Stihl parts and done the same except the likelihood of finding a cross match is not as great .So don't throw anything away you might need it 5 years down the road .However my inventory system is not the greatest .

Heavy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mac 120 when I am cutting with it and I stop the saw then it costs a lot to start is it the carburetor needle or the points?

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My diagnosis is carburetor, you likely need to take the saw apart so you can access the carburetor and check to be sure it will hold pressure. I expect the needle is not sealing properly.

Mark

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The horizontal Macs have a tendency to pack chips under the cylinder which shuts off the air flow and cause some solid state ignition coils to fail .When they cool off they start right up .I've had it happen twice, one a cinder block 610 and one a 700 .It was my fault from not keeping the chips blown out .

Heavy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the version with electronic coil it also happens when it is hot. I think it is a bad design. Have you cut for hours without problems?

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a PM850 that is the one piece electronic ignition. I have run it for several tanks during very hot weather with no issues so I don't think the design is necessarily bad. I do not have any Mini Mac models with the electronic ignition so I cannot comment on those models except that the point ignition saws do get pretty hot while you are running them. I tend to counter-balance the saw with my little finger against the housing so you do feel the heat.

Mark

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've only actually seen 2 or 3 electronic coils completely fail .In other words not recover from an over heat or just became faulty .Those were on 610's .Only one points type and that was because it sat in a wet basement for ever .However once it dried out it recovered also and with a good spritz of Glyptal has not failed since .
I'll just stop there for a moment because you can get into a conversation about ignitions that could overload the server .

Heavy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the points are reliable both to start and to be cutting for a long time?