MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That 1010 looks great! Whered you get the decals?

Guys, I have a nasty red, yellow, and green rash that has already spread. Dont think theres a cure, and I'm ok with that.
Gizzard, I'm painfully addicted to that sound. I wear muffs when I cut most times, but my PM700 just has this "moan" when its full bar buried and gettin some. Its like its really enjoying itself, and I have to pull the muffs off and listen to it.
The 7-10A has a higher note, but still not as high and piercing as a lot of the newer saws.
Havent heard any of the minis yet, so I'm kinda looking forward to that. Have heard my PM6A with a little prime down the carb. That little thing sounds angry. Like a Chihuahua in full on kill mode. LOL!

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
3:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Steve. It is far from perfect and far from being a restoration as the fuel lines were ripped, there was crap in the fuel and oil tanks, carb is gummed pretty bad and a good bit of scoring on the piston and cylinder as well as some rash from sitting on concrete for about 20 years but i am happy with how it looks and it will be nice to have the little saw that was part of the farm since new on the wall.

Here is the only mac i completely restored. A super 6-10. Stripped and painted it. New bearings, seals, piston, rings, and so on. Did it 8 years ago. Has cut a lot of wood since i re did it. It is the Only mac i will not sell. Pulled it down off the shelf in the back room and i had left fuel in it some time ago. 14 pulls and it came to life and idled smooth as ever!

20200205_195108_HDR.jpg 20200205_195119.jpg 20200205_195129.jpg

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That 1010 looks great! Whered you get the decals?

Guys, I have a nasty red, yellow, and green rash that has already spread. Dont think theres a cure, and I'm ok with that.
Gizzard, I'm painfully addicted to that sound. I wear muffs when I cut most times, but my PM700 just has this "moan" when its full bar buried and gettin some. Its like its really enjoying itself, and I have to pull the muffs off and listen to it.
The 7-10A has a higher note, but still not as high and piercing as a lot of the newer saws.
Havent heard any of the minis yet, so I'm kinda looking forward to that. Have heard my PM6A with a little prime down the carb. That little thing sounds angry. Like a Chihuahua in full on kill mode. LOL!

You want a poulan 3700? I just got one monday in a haul. I know nothing about it. Yours if you want it.

Ppavolko

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats a nice looking 6-10. I keep watching Craigslist hoping to find a few to mess with. No more complete paint jobs though thays for damn sure

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats a nice looking 6-10. I keep watching Craigslist hoping to find a few to mess with. No more complete paint jobs though thays for damn sure

I agree. Just clean them up and get them cuttin again.:)

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve, thanks for the offer. If it was closer id be All over it.
Shipping would be a little expensive.
Mark, that's a nice watering can. Bow as well. Like the upper handle on the bow. The design on those was very different from where weve come today.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a long bow that came with a package deal including a Mac 250 and a 10-10 .Cost me more for shipping than I paid for the lot and it came from Ohio .
It's doubtful I ever use the bow as it needs the top guard . I got the 10-10 running and the 250 wouldn't take much,it's free,has compression and spark .Another shelf queen .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tractor buffs can be as big of a pain in the azz as dog people .I pulled antiques and "hot farm stock" for several years .My word did some belly ache about certain things like straight gasoline manifolds on AC WC models and round spoke rims which at the time period were after market .That was just on AC's .They whined just as badly about John_Deere which I had .A bunch of cry babys over nothing .They annoyed me so badly I gave it up .f--k em.
Funny part about that was my old buds AC WC .He's gone now ..We put an over bore set of sleeves and pistons in that thing with 8.5 to 1 comp ratio and I did a triple grind on the valves and a high flow gasoline manifold .Originally about 20 HP and dynoed at over 40 after we were through with it .That was about 40 years ago and he was 66 at the time ,I was 32 .---so much for AC's back to chainsaws -----

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
;

Oh I know that's right. I'm a tractor head. Several shows a year. Spectator only.......for now. I don't care the year, if I ever get an allis, corporate orange it will be. Not a fan of the other 2.

I got actual hate emails and threatening PM's on the case garden tractor yahoo group for the tractor in the pics. I did a full every nut and bolt to bare frame restore on her. It wasn't the cool tan and sunset orange case, it was the later ugly red / black with white wheel version. When I eventually put it on eBay for sale there was a fella from Kentucky that got really nasty about it. Offered me $1. My counter off was a GFY. He tried to report me to eBay and I said go ahead, I have copies of all your nasty emails. All this because he didn't like that I "ruined" a classic tractor. I was a laughing stock on the in the case "community" I guess according to him. It had been repowered with a brand new Kawasaki V-twin when I bought it. It already was far from stock so I made it my own. Joke was on him. Sold for $4000. The buyer was like a school girl at first prom when he seen it in person. It also, despite some real weaners about it's paint, made it as the cover page tractor for a month on that yahoo group. Some of these peeps that think everything has to be original go way to far. Nut jobs some are.

We had a 446 and a 220. Those are stout tractors! I think that looks good in red and white.

I re did my grandpas economy tractor when i was 18. Only had lithographed sales brochures showing white rims. Posted some pics in a forum because i was super proud of my work. Everyone beat my ass over it because they should be silver. Even when i showed them the lithos cause it was all the info i had. They just beat me up.

Im 34 now and still have not repainted the rims just to spite them! This pic was a few months ago.

20191008_183219.jpg

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same with saws as tractors. Some Will fuss over any detail. I like to see what they looked like when new, but not that concerned with having it just so so. It belongs to you. Do as you wish.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well my avatar saw is not exactly the "correct " color but it is my saw .If I wanted to paint it John-Deere green it's still my saw .---just saying

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There was a gent on another forum who went by "Home delight man " obviously a Homelite fan .He had a 2100,same as my avatar with twin carbs and I guess it was a screamer .He had that hot rod all dolled up in gray paint like a battle ship .It was indeed his saw .

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was going to go over and help my son clear out around the fence and fix a drainage problem, but maybe I'll wait til tomorrow. We dont get snow here anymore much. It was 75 degrees Thursday.0208201200.jpg