The Official Farming Thread...

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Once I get em all cured and pretty I’ll figure out price per lb plus shipping. I like you guys so I’ll try hook it up.
View attachment 382669Put the old man in there today. Guess I’ll haul trucks
My dad is the same way, once he gets into something I just let him at it

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Once I get em all cured and pretty I’ll figure out price per lb plus shipping. I like you guys so I’ll try hook it up.

I flagged him from driving the trucks. He does dialysis 3 days a week and feels awful those days. He isn’t as spry as he once was. Just thought I’d he feels like helping he can do that

A/C is ice cold. Machine still in good shape. Pretty easy to run. If it tears up I’ll figure it out when I get back. He liked it

Dead serious on some garlic. If you’ve got some I’ll gladly pay for some proper grown stuff. Love to try some

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
6:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hate horse nettle, everything is supposed to have a purpose, haven't figured out what its purpose is. Other than to drive me nuts. I won't spray here. So mowing is all I got to keep it in check. I also don't have hundreds of acres to deal with.
Wasn't just the horse nettle to deal with. Took a long look and decided that it was a necessity for spraying for the percent of weeds across the pasture. Thistle, briars, hedge apple, persimmons, and the various other weeds were taking their toll on the grass. Costly price but I have been fighting just the thistles for several years and I don't have the time anymore to keep ahead of them.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Put dad in the tractor with AC running the baler when we were doing first cutting. When there are any problems I get off the rake and sort them out. Just easier to do it that way. Only problem is when he starts when I'm not around and working. That is when things go wrong and I have to try to hurry up and get off work and head straight out to sort things out.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasn't just the horse nettle to deal with. Took a long look and decided that it was a necessity for spraying for the percent of weeds across the pasture. Thistle, briars, hedge apple, persimmons, and the various other weeds were taking their toll on the grass. Costly price but I have been fighting just the thistles for several years and I don't have the time anymore to keep ahead of them.
I only hay for my goats, and they like most weeds. So we are less picky about weeds in our fields. Only horse nettle is something they can't eat. Nightshade family and all. Seems the ungrazed grasses smother it in our hay fields, and I end up trimming the pastures they graze to control it.

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put dad in the tractor with AC running the baler when we were doing first cutting. When there are any problems I get off the rake and sort them out. Just easier to do it that way. Only problem is when he starts when I'm not around and working. That is when things go wrong and I have to try to hurry up and get off work and head straight out to sort things out.
That’s the best thing you could do, we’ll all get old but there’s nothing worse for the body than sitting at home all day. God willing we can all get out and do some hay in our 70-80s.
I flagged him from driving the trucks. He does dialysis 3 days a week and feels awful those days. He isn’t as spry as he once was. Just thought I’d he feels like helping he can do that

A/C is ice cold. Machine still in good shape. Pretty easy to run. If it tears up I’ll figure it out when I get back. He liked it

Dead serious on some garlic. If you’ve got some I’ll gladly pay for some proper grown stuff. Love to try some
Good on ya, it’s a good he can still get out there in some capacity. And I’ll definitely keep you in loop on the garlic. It should be easy enough to ship out and I’d love to get everyone’s opinion on it.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s the best thing you could do, we’ll all get old but there’s nothing worse for the body than sitting at home all day. God willing we can all get out and do some hay in our 70-80s.

Good on ya, it’s a good he can still get out there in some capacity. And I’ll definitely keep you in loop on the garlic. It should be easy enough to ship out and I’d love to get everyone’s opinion on it.
Count me in as well, would love to buy some off of you.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So just restacked my hay, only 120 squares off 3 acres. Not as much as I hoped, was thinking 150ish. Still have the 6 acres out back, and will get another cutting off this section later. So should have no problem getting my 300+ I need per year. The hay is nice though.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So just restacked my hay, only 120 squares off 3 acres. Not as much as I hoped, was thinking 150ish. Still have the 6 acres out back, and will get another cutting off this section later. So should have no problem getting my 300+ I need per year. The hay is nice though.
That might feed my cattle for a week during the cold of winter....which makes me wonder why I do this stuff. LOL

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That might feed my cattle for a week during the cold of winter....which makes me wonder why I do this stuff. LOL
We do two bales a day for our goats. Sometimes a third. Tried round bales last year. Too much waste and mess to clean up after. At least you sell cows, we don't sell anything. Lol.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
20230703_134211.jpg

Anyone in here fluent in Italian Honeybee?

They keep filling the upper brood box up with honey, rather than moving up into the honey supers. I pulled the queen excluder today, in hopes that they will build up comb and not see the grate as a barrier. They were completely honeybound two weeks ago and swarmed on me, so now I have two hives...