The Official Farming Thread...

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
2:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s the best thing you could do, we’ll all get old but there’s nothing worse for the body than sitting at home all day. God willing we can all get out and do some hay in our 70-80s.

Good on ya, it’s a good he can still get out there in some capacity. And I’ll definitely keep you in loop on the garlic. It should be easy enough to ship out and I’d love to get everyone’s opinion on it.
I’d like to buy some garlic.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And I’ll definitely keep you in loop on the garlic. It should be easy enough to ship out and I’d love to get everyone’s opinion on it.
Keep me informed as well.

I found a somewhat local guy that will have 3 or 4 varieties, including Music, and Armenian.
And yours truly has Chesnok Red growing, looks to be about 2 or 3 weeks b4 harvest for this crop.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
pastures are dryin up . there wont be a second crop of hay. lawns are brown .we need rain badly
corn and beans arent doin anything just dormant
Sorry to hear that Mark, I was thinking you folks were catching a few of the rains that went thru.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
pastures are dryin up . there wont be a second crop of hay. lawns are brown .we need rain badly
corn and beans arent doin anything just dormant
Haven't hit that bad here yet, but it will if no rain. Watched it go north and south of me several times in the last few weeks. Maybe this cool front that is supposed to move in in the next couple days will bring something.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't hit that bad here yet, but it will if no rain. Watched it go north and south of me several times in the last few weeks. Maybe this cool front that is supposed to move in in the next couple days will bring something.
I sure hope so

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 383242And who decided you should shift this way??View attachment 383243y’all ever drive one like this?
Yes, it’s called a horseshoe. Usually they are in cab overs in my experience & folks I have spoken to. When I was in the oil patch in North Dakota we had an orange cab over freightshaker with one in it. It threw me for a loop every time I got in it. Everyone I have spoken too about them says they are a very durable transmission.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those deer antlers are a real PIA. We usually run duals when we are pulling the batwing mowing ditches & crp, I ran one thru both tires on one side & the next day I ran one in a tire on the other side.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That shift pattern would take some getting used to. Not as messed up as the '73 International 1310 pickup my dad had when I was a kid, though. Supposedly, the transmission that had in it was also used in school busses.

16887002763573632987324957319123.jpg

First truck I ever drove as a 12 year old kid

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
3:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That shift pattern would take some getting used to. Not as messed up as the '73 International 1310 pickup my dad had when I was a kid, though. Supposedly, the transmission that had in it was also used in school busses.

View attachment 383245

First truck I ever drove as a 12 year old kid
Oh dear lord. 😂. Yeah. That’s different.

I’m used to regular. 9-10 speed

My cousin has two trucks both with that pattern I sent a picture of. I do ok in it with the pattern labeled. Other truck isn’t labeled. I miss once in a while 😂

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh dear lord. 😂. Yeah. That’s different.

I’m used to regular. 9-10 speed

My cousin has two trucks both with that pattern I sent a picture of. I do ok in it with the pattern labeled. Other truck isn’t labeled. I miss once in a while 😂

Wish I had some pictures of that truck. Was a relatively ugly gold/brown with some metalflake in the paint. My dad pulled it from a farmer's junk pile and repaired it to be drivable again. Think it needed a ring and pinion as well as bearings in the 3rd member. Box was pretty rotten, so he fabricated up a dump bed/stake box for it. Put a 12 volt hydraulic pump on it, with an external lever for dumping. We used to pile firewood in it and upsell delivery when we sold wood, and we'd just back up and dump the face cord or two right in the purchasers driveway. And then we could upsell "stacking" again haha

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wish I had some pictures of that truck. Was a relatively ugly gold/brown with some metalflake in the paint. My dad pulled it from a farmer's junk pile and repaired it to be drivable again. Think it needed a ring and pinion as well as bearings in the 3rd member. Box was pretty rotten, so he fabricated up a dump bed/stake box for it. Put a 12 volt hydraulic pump on it, with an external lever for dumping. We used to pile firewood in it and upsell delivery when we sold wood, and we'd just back up and dump the face cord or two right in the purchasers driveway. And then we could upsell "stacking" again haha
Wish you had a picture too man. Sounds like a cool setup

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What the heck is a fox 200? Oh, a woman designed the shift pattern. Lol
CB don’t know much about it. Cousins truck It was in there when he bought. The guy wanted that back but then told cuz to keep it in there.

Reactions: Lnk