jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Case 150 is a work of art and a labor of love. The man got the original drawings and built it himself. Just think about the work and cash that took.
I spoke with Kory today and he’s a great dude. He said a tad over $1m in actual money spent plus an untold amount of hours of labor valued at who knows what.

I have been going to Pioneer days for 38yrs (actually went the first time when I was 3 weeks old lol) and have never seen it as packed full of people and equipment as it was today. It’ll be interesting to see how many more people were here this year. I talked to a couple from Oklahoma that said they made a point to come up to MN this year to see the 150. That’s quite a poke !!

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spoke with Kory today and he’s a great dude. He said a tad over $1m in actual money spent plus an untold amount of hours of labor valued at who knows what.

I have been going to Pioneer days for 38yrs (actually went the first time when I was 3 weeks old lol) and have never seen it as packed full of people and equipment as it was today. It’ll be interesting to see how many more people were here this year. I talked to a couple from Oklahoma that said they made a point to come up to MN this year to see the 150. That’s quite a poke !!

I go to Old Threshers in Mt. Pleasant Iowa. It has been held since 1950 on Labor Day weekend. When I was little we went a few times but farming and racing got in the way. Then in my teens I started to go with my wife and her family. I went for many years. They have a Case 120 there that of course is enormous but not a 150. There were pictures of my brother and I standing on the back of it when we were probably 3 and 5. All the years we went I wanted to replicate that picture with our three sons. I never did and I regret it. This year two of my sons and I were there but somehow taking the picture now as adults would not be the same.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been talking about our excessive rain here all summer and now it shut off like a spigot. Of course that is good as the crops are made and now dry weather is good for harvest but damn this has been odd. Last summer I joked with one of my sons in July it was so dry that I mowed the yard for the last time this year.....I was damn near right. This year I could not keep up but tonight I think might be the last time she gets a haircut

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20240917_062734.jpg
Trying to decide what I think about this. Found it last night in my corral which is next to the highway. Not sure how long it's been there and why it would be there in the first place. I don't own a dart gun.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 433437
Trying to decide what I think about this. Found it last night in my corral which is next to the highway. Not sure how long it's been there and why it would be there in the first place. I don't own a dart gun.
Looks like the darts my brother & friend Chase use on their cattle.

Any neighbors close that have cattle ? Maybe they were darting in the pasture, missed & poked one of yours ? Your dogs maybe find it & carry it up to the corral ?

Hard to believe that someone is darting your cattle from the road.

Last edited:

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like the darts my brother & friend Chase use on their cattle.

Any neighbors close that have cattle ? Maybe they were darting in the pasture, missed & poked one of yours ? Your dogs maybe find it & carry it up to the corral ?

Hard to believe that someone is darting your cattle from the road.
Neighbor would probably have dart system but I can't see them darting any of mine. I don't let the dogs run into the neighbors if I can help it. Try to keep them within sight most of the time. Fat beagle goes over when I am out in the far end of the field, but wouldn't be interested in anything like that. Coyote would be the only possibility for a canine carrying it. Wouldn't surprise me if some local yokel thought it would be funny to dart one of mine in the corral though.

greystone mountain man

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The raccoons here are destructive at about the milk stage in the corn. They never attack the outside rows, always about 8-12 rows into the field. The place I live on, we figured about 5 acres that they wrecked 2 years ago.

greystone mountain man

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The raccoons here are destructive at about the milk stage in the corn. They never attack the outside rows, always about 8-12 rows into the field. The place I live on, we figured about 5 acres that they wrecked 2 years ago.
On my place the coons just get in the rows closest to the woods but the bears go all over just sitting down and having a buffet 😂