Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's dry here. Cows stirred up a dust cloud coming to hit the hay I set out tonight. Hope this weather to the south sends some moisture this way.

I rarely ever watch the TV news but I wanted to watch the chit-show (debate) tonight so I watched the news ahead of it. The weather woman who I actually tend to like, seems to think the impending hurricane will work it's way right up the Mississippi Valley so you might get a bit.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I rarely ever watch the TV news but I wanted to watch the chit-show (debate) tonight so I watched the news ahead of it. The weather woman who I actually tend to like, seems to think the impending hurricane will work it's way right up the Mississippi Valley so you might get a bit.
I'm in the southwest corner of MO so it will be a toss up as to whether we get anything from it. Guessers are saying not much chance right now. Hoping for something at least to bring back some grass before the end of the season.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After getting into the field another sample had the moisture at 7.9%, no rain in sight & pods are popping so no waiting.

He ran about 30 acres at one farm, just moved to another farm.

These were 2.2 group.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After getting into the field another sample had the moisture at 7.9%, no rain in sight & pods are popping so no waiting.

He ran about 30 acres at one farm, just moved to another farm.

These were 2.2 group.

That is super, super dry. What do the stems look like? It really stinks to have dry beans and green stems. Probably 18 years ago or so the beans were green as heck and we ran all the corn first. It was interesting cutting beans in November. I never thought I would be able to cut beans at midnight.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is super, super dry. What do the stems look like? It really stinks to have dry beans and green stems. Probably 18 years ago or so the beans were green as heck and we ran all the corn first. It was interesting cutting beans in November. I never thought I would be able to cut beans at midnight.
Most of the stems are pretty dry. I have hauled off 2700 bu. that have averaged 10.56% moisture.

He has some left but said he wanted to wait a couple days on them because of some “lima beans” in a couple spots. Tgey moved across the road to start on some corn that is testing around 16.5%.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of the stems are pretty dry. I have hauled off 2700 bu. that have averaged 10.56% moisture.

He has some left but said he wanted to wait a couple days on them because of some “lima beans” in a couple spots. Tgey moved across the road to start on some corn that is testing around 16.5%.
WOW that is much drier than here.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother has two 35’ sickles that need rebuilt, I have no idea what the sickles are like for the 30’ head.

He just finished up 100 acres of group 2.2’s,moisture average was 10.2%. No idea on yield data, they aren’t mine so it’s none of my business.

36 acres of corn averaged 16.5% moisture.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see now MacDon has a 61 foot draper head. I cannot image trying to run that. Also the auger on the combine would need to be the length of a football field.
There are some big shots around here that run 50’ drapers.

Most of the folks running the big drapers don’t have trees at the field edges to contend with. A lot of those extra long augers are folding.at about the 20’ mark.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Years ago I know CIH had a folding 8 row corn head. I thought if looked like a mechanical nightmare but would be nice for narrow roads and gates.
There are several 12row folding cornheads around here now.

I am unsure if the guys running 16tow cornheads fold or not.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are several 12row folding cornheads around here now.

I am unsure if the guys running 16tow cornheads fold or not.

Back when Deere was working on X9 1100 monster combine one of my sons worked for them in the experimental shop. They had to test the components and find the failure points. Once Deere thought they had the bugs worked out and built the combines they sent them out west for wheat harvest. My son and the others had to go to Idaho and then Canada while the combines were running in the field. He did not have good things to say. He has an even fouler mouth than I do. I remember him saying "them fudging engineers would only let the machine run 300 foot then we spent all fudging day tearing into it."

I cannot imagine running a 16 row head. I remember the last time my father was in a combine. We had just went to a 6 row head and he wanted to ride with me.

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1 of 1 Case 150 leading the pack of Case Tractors at Pioneer Days in Albany, MN today. Was an awesome sight to see !!
IMG_2132.jpeg

Dang sharp looking Pioneer P30 as well. This was another had to see for me today.
IMG_2130.jpeg