Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would use one if I had one. I will put it up in single windrows tomorrow with a rotary rake
About 12 years ago we were needing a tedder and I knew there was a small 3pt one at a dealer southwest of me. I had seen in for several years on the lot. My son and I got in the truck and headed down there. Now this dealer was a convoluted mess of who knows who owns what. The tedder was on the lot that used to be an old Oliver and White dealership named Sajak implement. They had been out of business for years but still peddled some used stuff. I knew the Ford dealer, Plank Equipment, a few miles away, used the lot also. Well Plank was actually owned by Bennett Farm Equipment which closed down and is Cove Equipment now.

In any event we went and looked at it. It had been on the lot awhile and had definitely seen use but was in decent shape. The paint was well faded. We went up the hill into town to the Ford dealer and asked about it. I told the salesman that we were interested in the small used 3pt tedder on the Sajak lot. He said "we do not have a used tedder". I was a bit puzzled. I said "well about 10 minutes ago my son and I were just looking at one on the Sajak lot". The salesman said "That tedder is new" My son and I look at each other is disbelief since it was clearly used. The salesman was steadfast that it was new. He said they had, had it for a few years and folks would come use it but it was still "new" since it had never been sold. Well folks I call that used. He priced it to us at the same price we could buy a shiny new one for. It continued to sit on that lot and heck might still be there today

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lord, please send some rain. Watering is getting old. Spent yesterday watering about 100 trees.
One day I’ll have irrigation.
It is pouring here. I have to build a gravel pad for a delivery Monday and it is not looking good. I should have done it Saturday but I was enjoying time with my son more and figured I had today.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is pouring here. I have to build a gravel pad for a delivery Monday and it is not looking good. I should have done it Saturday but I was enjoying time with my son more and figured I had today.
Send it down south. 100 in the shade today. I hope that gulf system makes it here.

jblnut

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This feed line in the chicken barn tripped the thermal cutout after about a minute so on went the spare motor. I put a new trigger switch in the little white box as well to eliminate any chance of it not working right away. Plugged it in and it all took right off.
IMG_1514.jpeg

After that was done little Miss and I ran for a few wheel rake wheels. Dang things are cheaper to get complete than rebuild with new teeth so we got new completes. Seems silly really but 🤷
IMG_1504.jpeg

Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This feed line in the chicken barn tripped the thermal cutout after about a minute so on went the spare motor. I put a new trigger switch in the little white box as well to eliminate any chance of it not working right away. Plugged it in and it all took right off.
I wish we had the ability to contract grow poultry here. I have no idea where there are any meat chicken processing plants. I believe Iowa is still number one in egg production but that is out close to, or west of I-35. About 20/25 miles away we have West Liberty Foods which is the old Louis Rich turkey plant. That leads to large scale turkey production but the folks that have the contracts are never giving them up. The folks that got in on the ground floor of that are sitting pretty.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 423115

After that was done little Miss and Inran for a few wheel rake wheels. Dang things are cheaper to get complete than rebuild with new teeth so we got new completes. Seems silly really but 🤷
View attachment 423116
I did the same with my old Gehl wheel rake last year. I only replaced four of the eight wheels…need to get around to doing the other four.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang things are cheaper to get complete than rebuild with new teeth so we got new completes. Seems silly really but 🤷
Yes, it’s pretty ridonkerous that the whole assembly is cheaper than just the teeth. An added bonus of this is that it’s a hell of a lot less time consuming & easier to just replace the whole enchilada.