The Official Farming Thread...

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Initial indications are that we will have favorable weather for the next 7 days, Chase has been mowing since Tuesday. Hopefully we can get all his hay rolled up & then the beans put in before the next rain.

On a side note, my wife claims she was raised on a farm as a kid but can’t get it thru her head that farming is not a 8-4, 9-5 , M-F job.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Initial indications are that we will have favorable weather for the next 7 days, Chase has been mowing since Tuesday. Hopefully we can get all his hay rolled up & then the beans put in before the next rain.

On a side note, my wife claims she was raised on a farm as a kid but can’t get it thru her head that farming is not a 8-4, 9-5 , M-F job.
My wife was raised without running water, used an outhouse most of her childhood. They kept their milk, butter, and eggs in a spring during the summer. She never complains, and never shies away from getting it done.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I kicked out 182 big rounds for Chase today, the windrows were a touch too big but the baler ate most of it.
IMG_0096.jpeg

Calling for rain tonight, I guess everything else that’s down will get rinsed off.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice, I hope it serves you well.
Considering I didn’t even know if it would work, it did a great job. The auto-tie system isn’t working, (hence why I could afford it) but I could control the twine arm with a polarity reversing momentary switch.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My ducks are sifting through fire pit ash and actively eating charcoal!

I googled it, apparently it is not harmful for them but rather beneficial - as long as only natural biologic material has been burned in the pit.
I burn bark, so I am confident there are little to no toxins in my fire pit remains.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had .20” overnight, Chase had .30”. He said he is going back to mowing today.

It’s supposed to be mostly cloudy today so I doubt there will be any raking today.