Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
your dog is still sleeping so your driving a 7810 with this seeder
That’s his spot.

Yes, a 7810 with the F/R lever on the right hand console with the throttle, 3 pt & hydraulic levers. 5x4 transmission, A-E & 1-4.

Chase has another 7810 with the F/R lever on the left hand side of the steering column, it’s a 5x4 also.

I have another friend with a 7800 powershift.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
5:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see. I’m running the integra. Basically the older model. Pretty good controller. It doubles as a yield monitor. I switch it in and out. Pretty confident that one will do the same.
It will but Chase doesn’t use it in the combine. It would be handy for planting if he would map out his headlands, field borders & grass strips

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will but Chase doesn’t use it in the combine. It would be handy for planting if he would map out his headlands, field borders & grass strips
I like that they track the different varieties as you drive through them. Gives pretty good feedback. And you can mark population changes. Had the angles set guy out he showed me all this when I got last combine. Wanted a yield monitor. He asked what I had on planter and blew my mind. You can control the sprayer too if you want. Pretty badass monitor

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New pump fixed magnum. Up and going again. Decided to put in a little bit more corn. Got Great Plains drill up and going today in soybeans.

Center of drill cuts way deeper than outsides Always has since we got it well used.

I’m figuring it’s out of phase?? Anyone ever mess with those?

It’s the type drill that’s 2 12ft drills that fold up. I’ll grab an online picture to show youins.

Just don’t fully understand hydraulics enough to know what the heck I’m even asking y’all here.

Basically why my drill hang way deeper in the center than the outsides??

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_4341.pngThat look like that. Under the center there’s 4 wheels with 2 cylinders.

Once you fold it out there’s a set of 2 tires on the outside so total of 8 tires when unfolded in work mode

If I throw cylinder stops under the cylinders randomly stopping them from traveling the drill will be straight

Why Explain

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 379039That look like that. Under the center there’s 4 wheels with 2 cylinders.

Once you fold it out there’s a set of 2 tires on the outside so total of 8 tires when unfolded in work mode

If I throw cylinder stops under the cylinders randomly stopping them from traveling the drill will be straight

Why Explain
Tire pressure & size is a possibility. Maybe you need to run it in constant down pressure. Is there any type of leveling system on it ?

I know that with the turbotill my brother uses, you have to run constant down pressure on the wings or the wings don’t cut as deep as the middle section.

Last edited:

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the last 20acres of beans in today, then cleaned out the cab & all air filters. Then I spent 2 hours blowing out & washing out the radiator & ac condenser. The 7810 I plant with is terrible about loading the radiator & condenser, the other 7810 doesn’t seem to have the same issue.

Naturally Chase didn’t look the baler over before starting so replaced a bearing, a bushing & some chains.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
9:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s his spot.

Yes, a 7810 with the F/R lever on the right hand console with the throttle, 3 pt & hydraulic levers. 5x4 transmission, A-E & 1-4.

Chase has another 7810 with the F/R lever on the left hand side of the steering column, it’s a 5x4 also.

I have another friend with a 7800 powershift.

thats the transmission was very popular over here there quite desirable in Europe
fetch good bucks

Reactions: Lnk

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gonna square bale this field of rye in the next couple of days. It’s almost ready now but we’re going to let it bleach out some more. At least half our straw is sold for fall decorations so it helps if it looks pretty and yeller.

Then pumpkins are going in there and the field across the street. image.jpg

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got Chase’s baler back together today & I gave it a good tryout to make sure everything was tightened up & in working order, I rolled up 258 bales today & another fella he hired came over & kicked out 185 with his new baler.

Chase had his uncle kick out about 100 small squares today also.

I looked at the monitor & Chase had rolled up 211 while I planting earlier in the week.

I believe we are just a bit over 1/2 done with the 1st cutting.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got Chase’s baler back together today & I gave it a good tryout to make sure everything was tightened up & in working order, I rolled up 258 bales today & another fella he hired came over & kicked out 185 with his new baler.

Chase had his uncle kick out about 100 small squares today also.

I looked at the monitor & Chase had rolled up 211 while I planting earlier in the week.

I believe we are just a bit over 1/2 done with the 1st cutting.
Dad just had cataract surgery so we are putting off our first cutting for just a bit. They keep calling for some rain a lot of days so that is not helping as well. Best weather was this week so far but dad is worried about me trying to do too much by myself and I know he likes to do haying.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did that last year with my old Mitsubishi excavator. It's amazing how rapidly they close in on the fields. Gotta dig and get those sumac root tentacles up and out.
We have issues with black walnuts in our fields on the WMA. Dang squirrels bury them in some of the fields that aren’t in the rotation for a couple years, THEN you have problems!

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dad just had cataract surgery so we are putting off our first cutting for just a bit. They keep calling for some rain a lot of days so that is not helping as well. Best weather was this week so far but dad is worried about me trying to do too much by myself and I know he likes to do haying.
We had .34” here at home on Wednesday & Chase only had .03” at his place, scheduling hay cutting around the weather guessers is a crap shoot at best.

It’s been upper 70’s here with low humidity & nice breezes except for Wednesday.

It would probably be best to hold off on haying. I know the doctors don’t recommend being around dusty conditions after those eye surgeries & it would be best to let your dad help you while he is still capable.

My fathers health is limiting him on stuff he can do. He got the planter into a pasture fence while turning around & planted over 2 steel tile risers ( 3’ tall x 4”dia. ) this year.

He is still trying to custom bale this year but we will see how it goes. He did say he didn’t want to run the fertilizer filoater this spring though & has been staying clear of the clear of the cattle sorting but I think because my doesn’t doesn’t’ tell him when it’s happening though.

I hope you get some cooperative weather to get your hay up.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I manage a 24,444 acre wildlife management area for the state. We have approximately 2,000 acres of food plots/wildlife openings we plant, burn, mow, spray and or just disk. We have a newer JD 6155M with an 3pt sprayer with 40’ booms. We are looking for a simple guidance system to help with spraying and lime/fertilizer application. I was looking at the TeeJet Matrix 430 for what we do. Any other options? I don’t really need a monitor or controller since we aren’t set up for precision Ag.