Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
8:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It won’t make any difference those over grown rodents will destroy whatever you plant. Around here the raccoons are damned near as bad or worse in the cornfields.

One night a gang of coons ate my entire garden of corn. 4 50ft rows. I was pissed! Put a 9 ft fence around it last year to keep the deer out. Going to electrify it this year too to keep the other stuff out now.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
9:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those look like some big yielders…
They don’t even look like it’worth the time or diesel to run them.
Deer destroyed them. I’ve learned this year if you’re gonna plant sorghum in the bad spots of a field you may as well plant that whole farm. It just concentrates the brown bastards onto the beans

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, It’s my dads truck and trailer. It’s a old but gets the job done.
I always figured my trucks sit in the shed most of the year. I don’t need a fancy rig to haul my grain for a few months. I believe your hopper is in better shape than mine. As long as the brakes are good and she’ll haul grain that all I worry about

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always figured my trucks sit in the shed most of the year. I don’t need a fancy rig to haul my grain for a few months. I believe your hopper is in better shape than mine. As long as the brakes are good and she’ll haul grain that all I worry about
The traps needs to function well also, my brother bought a Jet steel trailer & said the traps worked well… maybe empty but with 900 bu of corn on it not worth a chit. I was seeing stars after I finally got the back hopper to open up. It got parked.

Jet wanted $38 each for bearings :eek:o_O, 14 bearings per trap.

Timpte roller bearings are $8 each…

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Deer destroyed them. I’ve learned this year if you’re gonna plant sorghum in the bad spots of a field you may as well plant that whole farm. It just concentrates the brown bastards onto the beans

The deer just keep nibbling them back, they do that to the back side of my dads farm. If it’s corn they destroy it, beans they destroy it, alfalfa they eat it all

Last edited:

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The deer just keep nibbling them back, they do that to the back side of my dads farm. If it corn it’s they destroy it, beans they destroy it, alfalfa they eat it all
They’re pretty relentless creatures. We’ve got too many of them. They’re taking whole fields out. I’m to the point of shooting them like groundhogs. Hate to do it but you can’t make a living feeding deer that multiply like they do

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It won’t make any difference those over grown rodents will destroy whatever you plant. Around here the raccoons are damned near as bad or worse in the cornfields.

Yes they are [emoji2959]

Sent from the Hoskey Hill country

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that to reseed, or add organic matter? Do the cows trample it in? Just curious the reason for it, I am intrigued.

We unroll bales to give the cows/calves something to lay on when it’s muddy or snow on the ground. It also keeps the cows from creating a mud hole while standing around a bale eating.

@Mastermind may have his own method or reasons.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ishere
We unroll bales to give the cows/calves something to lay on when it’s muddy or snow on the ground. It also keeps the cows from creating a mud hole while standing around a bale eating.

@Mastermind may have his own method or reasons.

Is there a bale unroller, or do you just roll it down the hill so it unrolls itself? I have too many round bales from last year, and would like to do something positive with them. This unrolling thing might just be the ticket.