davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
1:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spent a lot of time on the ole girl when I was young. One day it started smoking real bad all of a sudden. Been sitting since, a few years. Maintenance mech isn’t too busy so we are gonna get it going. Brakes never worked. Grandpa asked, “What you need brakes for when you have a drag (currently uninstalled) and a bucket?”. We have a few acres of dirt around the shop, use it to keep the forklifts from rattling our teeth out.
260C18FF-2250-4F30-A6D9-D51341A5D5EB.jpeg

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You certainly do nice work aj

thanks appreciate it , we tend too go bigger grade fence posts and make it look substantial and take time to finish off well , as there’s quite a bit of competition around with High tech gear and tracked post bangers but they don’t like fiddly small jobs and
Doing village and town gardens which is a plus for me

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a tough day today with the rake, also had a bearing crap out on the baler while assessing which bearing was smoking I noticed the weld around where the cylinder pin attaches to the lift gate was all cracked out.

By the looks of the tube, it had been broke on the bottom side for awhile. Me hitting the ditch just polished it off. Fortunately all the parts were at local dealers.

C6FC09F3-EC6E-4DB1-99C1-64373CBBE282.jpeg BB1F51F2-C0B5-4931-8C3C-2008CB39CBE2.jpeg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a tough day today with the rake, also had a bearing crap out on the baler while assessing which bearing was smoking I noticed the weld around where the cylinder pin attaches to the lift gate was all cracked out.

By the looks of the tube, it had been broke on the bottom side for awhile. Me hitting the ditch just polished it off. Fortunately all the parts were at local dealers.

View attachment 349796 View attachment 349797
Yep. Happens

crowslayer17

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, farmers can fix anything…this farmer’s employees keep bending the shaft on his cylinder that raises and lowers the axle. Solution?

View attachment 349680

I'd like to see more pictures of the whole thing.
When does the cylinder bend?
Does the shaft turn freely as in it's not bent and is it greased.
Driving too fast on rough ground.
Could put in a cylinder with a bigger shaft or add some eyes to pin it to take the load off the cylinder.
I would think if it is the correct cylinder something has to be binding or they are running it while traveling on rough ground or just going too fast.
Also is it on correctly? The does the eye for the axle go on top or bottom? It's not binding with the yoke of the piston by chance?
Just throwing out some ideas.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could put in a cylinder with a bigger shaft or add some eyes to pin it to take the load off the cylinder.
I would think if it is the correct cylinder something has to be binding or they are running it while traveling on rough ground or just going too fast.
Also is it on correctly? The does the eye for the axle go on top or bottom? It's not binding with the yoke of the piston by chance?

Yeah, I should have included more. It’s not factory/engineered for one thing. It was sent in for us to re-engineer. The cylinder pulls back on the arm and then they lock the arm in place with a pin. They keep either bending the cylinder or breaking the pin. The axle is down for traveling, up in the fields. It’s a corrugator.

I think I have the solution figured…

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been a while since I've done any planting, but here's my Winter Collard Patch 2022!

Got some Purple Top Turnip Greens, Georgia Collards and Spinach sown.
Looking fer a Nice Harvest!!
May need to grab some more seed...got kinda heavy handed while sowing!:cunaooooo:
20221005_162505.jpg
20221005_162445.jpg

Last edited:

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag