Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
9:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20220918_185149.jpg IMG_20220918_185153.jpg IMG_20220918_200421.jpg
Loader frame blocks a lot of light from the regular lights so I picked up some LED ones on the cheap. $33 with a wiring harness. Had to add a bit of wire and run them off a fuse tap so they will only come on with the key on. Need to adjust them a bit but I can work anytime in the dark now.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are going to start knocking down Chase’s last cutting of the year tomorrow, about 200 acres if my arithmetic is correct.

Well, I guess I am going to start mowing, he is trying to finish up a greenhouse for his wife and he is having a lot of calves right now so I doubt he will see much seat time. He told me last night he had 143 on the ground & 100 left to go.
I may get to try out the self propelled mow-co.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Combine bout ready. Not sure if I’ll get in field tonight or not. I have 9 acres ready. Don’t expect high yield so just working on making sure all systems are go

There are a couple running high moisture corn here, one is taking it to a feedlot & dumping it in a pit & the other is hauling to a drying facility.

I was south of Omaha a few days ago & saw a 3 or 4 running some corn & 1 running beans.

It will be a couple weeks at least before the circus starts around here.

Chase has put off mowing for a few days but upped how much he wants to mow from about 200 to 300 acres. I am trying to get him to bale it green & sleeve/bag it.

I did rake/bale 35 acres for him yesterday.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
10:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How did you do with the harvest? Did you do ok? Looks good red and green. You get to irritate both camps. Lol
We are just getting going good but so far I’m happy with things. Not a bumper crop but I have been impressed with some of the corn and how well it dealt with pretty droughty hot weather.

I like to test corn varieties based on tough years so found a couple keepers that held on very well.

always been a fan of the old old 43 series corn heads. They’re from the 80s and just dead nuts bulletproof Simple design. They made an oil bath setup and a dry one. The oil bath chains I’ve never replaced. We had some trouble with the red corn heads to the point I insisted we adapt to the 43 green heads. I’m running an adapter on my green machine too. The head is compatible if you change the shafts. If something major happens to it I’ll find another one from out west and have it shipped in. They’re that tough

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 349391 Just an example but I’d have that shipped in and up to snuff for a very reasonable amount Good corn heads
Ohio, that’s still in the east ….

Those 43 series are good corn heads.
I can’t recall if the row crop headers were 43 & 53 series or not.

Dad had a 6 row header for beans & you could really haul the mail using that thing, you couldn’t let your attention waiver or you would knock down some beans & it was a heavy old sow.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ohio, that’s still in the east ….

Those 43 series are good corn heads.
I can’t recall if the row crop headers were 43 & 53 series or not.

Dad had a 6 row header for beans & you could really haul the mail using that thing, you couldn’t let your attention waiver or you would knock down some beans & it was a heavy old sow.
Everything is west of me. Cept the ocean lol. I’m in Delaware. There’s nothing to my east. :cunaooooo:

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
B careful and don’t fall white taking pics
Ya tied off ?

Sent from Hoskey Hills
Nah. Should be. There was also an unexpected wasp nest up there. They were pretty pissed off. I was ready to absorb multiple stings. There’s pretty decent steps going up Once you hit the roof it’s kinda sketch to be honest