The Official Farming Thread...

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
8:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We talking belt or soft core/fixed chamber? Seen a few of the older hesston balers that make 4x4 and don't take a ton of horsepower to run. Probably could dig up an Allis round baler somewhere that made little rounds. Uncle had one and would talk about how it would slip from time to time and change from 60lbs to 80-100 and he would have to get some help to put it up.
M&W was a soft core baler..

The allis co, totally stole defeat from the jaws of victory with that little round baler..

Typical of allis chalmers...

Poor bastards..

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The allis co, totally stole defeat from the jaws of victory with that little round baler..

Poor bastards..
Started with a M&W 4590 with net and string tie. Cousin is still using it. They had a coated roller for the net and they had problems with it cracking and falling apart making the net wrap unusable. Cost mucho dinero for the fix from the factory in that you had to send the roller to be re-coated. Easy fix was to get some hose and some good adhesive, strip the plastic coating and glue the hose to the roller. Worked good. I think his daughter scrapped the old allis baler when my uncle died. Pretty typical of what they did.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First turbo stock on a tractor
First round baler
First factory cab
First legitimate no till planter...

And they couldn’t figure out a way to keep from going bankrupt...

Poor allis chalmers...

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First turbo stock on a tractor
First round baler
First factory cab
First legitimate no till planter...

And they couldn’t figure out a way to keep from going bankrupt...

Poor allis chalmers...
Find someone who needs a snaplock 4 bottom plow. Got one sitting out at my parents I'll make someone a killer deal on. Would look good on a WD-45.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The old Hesston I have makes a 4 x 6. I have a spot on the gauge that I stop and tie at....ends up 5 feet. That's plenty big....tough to see around those let alone a 6 footer.
We’re running a JD 468 sileage special and a BR 750 New Holland right now.

Both are 4x6, but closer to 4x5.5’..

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Poor bastards..

No kidding! I used to be 150 acres of prairie hay with one and a WD-45. Took awhile but could turn cows in on em and usually did have to feed till March at calving time. Just cubed em every other day.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Newer balers??

Smallest I know of is the old M&W that rolled up 4x5’s..
Dad bought ours in 2001 because I was fixin' to graduate high school, and he was losing his #1 square bale tosser. It's a New Holland 648 I believe. It's technically a 4x5, but really makes 4x4 to 4x4-1/2 bales.

The A/C Roto Baler is awesome. I think where they lost out was not figuring out solutions for transport and storage on those little 3' x 1-1/2' bales. I'd love to have one, it would just be perfect.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Poor bastards..

Really the ag division was profitable right up till the end. It was all the other industrial and heavy equipment divisions that sunk them.

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dad bought ours in 2001 because I was fixin' to graduate high school, and he was losing his #1 square bale tosser. It's a New Holland 648 I believe. It's technically a 4x5, but really makes 4x4 to 4x4-1/2 bales.

The A/C Roto Baler is awesome. I think where they lost out was not figuring out solutions for transport and storage on those little 3' x 1-1/2' bales. I'd love to have one, it would just be perfect.

Some are still out there. If you get one by the white tops are the latest models. Pretty simple machines.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
0BB8671F-0064-4D45-B3A0-18D25A9DC5D1.jpeg

Modified a chisel plow..
Took oats off for sileage bales, now trying to make a deeper root zone for beans.. hopefully I can get the beans out without messing it up again.. this gumbo is a pain in the ass, should plant it back to a hay field..