Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
10:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We use it when we get a seriously sick one. It works really fast, and can get one back on the grass.
The way the weather has been, between the coolness and the rain, it probably is something we should look into. Talked to someone who was saying that his 85 year old neighbor can't remember a year like the weather we are having.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The way the weather has been, between the coolness and the rain, it probably is something we should look into. Talked to someone who was saying that his 85 year old neighbor can't remember a year like the weather we are having.

Its expensive.....but worth it.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
11:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya....conventional or Round Up ready?
Blue River Organic's "Roadrunner" Variety. But it's not certified organic because it was harvested from a field in "transition". Same genetics. I really like this variety. Very much like the old DeKalb 192 pre-RR variety. Sturdy plant, wet soil tolerant and lasts 4-5 years before it starts petering out. My personal opinion is RR alfalfa is an expensive solution in search of a problem. And real life growers are saying the stands don't last.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn, Randy, that looks damn good to me.

Well.....I got about half done baling it and the rain came. Gonna be cool these next few days, so I don't think it will mildew or anything. Just have to tedder it when the sun comes back.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why that size? Is it a fixed chamber size or variable?
This will be my first year round baling. I’ve got a New Holland BR7060 to use. I’ve had a contractor do 3x4 big squares the past few years besides what I bale with the small square baler.
I know windrow width will be vital. Any other good tips on making a good bale?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This will be my first year round baling. I’ve got a New Holland BR7060 to use. I’ve had a contractor do 3x4 big squares the past few years besides what I bale with the small square baler.
Feed the baler even.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That is just what I got for cheap. Fixed chamber baler. Traded a heifer for it. It's made about 500 bales for me since I got it. With a low density type baler, the hay can have some green in it and it still won't mold.

Making a good solid bale just takes practice.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad you got some of your hay up @Mastermind i got 140 bales of wheat. My Baker didn’t want to form a nice core. Ok girl struggles with wheat or straw when it gets too dry. I got some really pretty bales up good color to them this year.

Did you have any grain in those heads?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know of a decent price on baler belts. I need one for a 640 new holland. I’m even open to considering a used belt. They are 3 ply 7 inch wide. The old girl needs to be worked on and brought back up to snuff but I won’t have the downtime for maintenance until winter
Needs times guards a bearing or two and honestly my belts are shot but I’m gonna keep total cost down the best I can