The Official Craigslist & eBay Thread

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get that. For many yrs I had to buy the crappiest things and get them running enough to get by as long as I could, now I try to buy the middle of the road and get by till I can get something a bit nicer. I don't care to much how clean they are when I'm using them, but it seems the best way to get the most cash out of stuff is taking pretty pictures for people, most times it has nothing to do with how well a product actually works o_O.
I don't try to shine them up. If they work in good. I'm lucky to clean my truck once a year.

Manofstihl661

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll hit them with compressed air in the clutch are, the filter, and quickly around the muffler and cylinder. Scrape the caked on crud on clutch cover and maybe wipe them down. I also like to keep my go to saws topped off so at any point I don’t have to wonder if the saw is ready. I figure I pay enough for the stuff I wanna take care of it but not pamper it. Gotta play with the kiddos too [emoji16]

Manofstihl661

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
37749158e7d8a3d24d0f9f451f08a881.jpg

My creamsickle workhorses. With the orangesickle toy. The orange sickle in the back will be up for sale here soon to fund the next toy

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeh I try to clean mine down some but I can’t get them as clean as a Chipper saw lol. Probably don’t have the attention span to get to that point either
I'll take that as a compliment, but attention to detail is not always looked at as a positive thing. Most people don't want me riding in there car and picking it apart, but they sure want me to come with them when they are car shopping lol.
Besides I've seen some of your pretty saws, you've done a great job cleaning them up.
I know I don't. I use air on them maybe once a year
That's really all I do.
I just probably spend more time doing it lol.
Sometimes I spray them down with wd40 before and after cutting pine, or use purple power cleaner on them when I get them, but that is the exception rather than the rule.
@Dub11 saw my little 2145, that thing is nasty from pine, I'd rather sell it as is than to spend an hr cleaning the thing :eek:.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll take that as a compliment, but attention to detail is not always looked at as a positive thing. Most people don't want me riding in there car and picking it apart, but they sure want me to come with them when they are car shopping lol.
Besides I've seen some of your pretty saws, you've done a great job cleaning them up.

That's really all I do.
Sometimes I spray them down with wd40 before and after cutting pine, or use purple power cleaner on them when I get them, but that is the exception rather than the rule.
@Dub11 saw my little 2145, that thing is nasty from pine, I'd rather sell it as is than to spend an hr cleaning the thing :eek:.
That's way more than I do.

Manofstihl661

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That's really all I do.
It is a compliment. You take good care of your stuff. I don't like to truly cut folks down. If I do it it's pretty much me yanking your chain. This world is too negative for all that. [emoji16]

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That's really all I do.

And when that little red head gets too nasty let me know.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
7:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
22bc88be315743f24697bb66a3192c8f.jpg

00b24c6c15b0eb3e70466285b3f30c17.jpg

I wouldn’t trust this guy with a hack saw, much less a chainsaw with the looks of that stump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does one even go about doing something like that? I've tried everything I know, but have yet to duplicate...

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No. Get it running and use it
I've still got that one 562 with the lightly scored piston. I think the piston could be cleaned up and a new ring installed, not sure if it was bad fuel or what happened, very light scoring. I should probably look at it some day lol.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How does one even go about doing something like that? I've tried everything I know, but have yet to duplicate...
You probably don't have the proper training, or lack there of to accomplish a feat such as that.
It takes a very special talent.
Unless he says in his ad something like give me a call before something like this happens to you lol.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've still got that one 562 with the lightly scored piston. I think the piston could be cleaned up and a new ring installed, not sure if it was bad fuel or what happened, very light scoring. I should probably look at it some day lol.
I'd like something with more balls than a 346 or 261