The new 70cc ECHO saw

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a pretty good looking saw IMO, but I'm a traditionalist by nature. :) Looks like there ought to be a decent air filtration set up under that top cover also.

I'll stand by my earlier comments doubting it's market potential, but it's actually good to see that there are more than just 2 companies left on the planet who would design a nice 70cc class saw. Hats off to them. Wonder if there will be a red Shindaiwa version.

Homelite750

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The paper specs are close to a 572 but the price is not a few dollars less it's a few hundred less. So it's number one in price. If you buy one on the echo 15% off sale day it will be around half the cost of a 462. That's a big selling point right there. It's also the only saw with an adjustable carb. It has incredible torque so guys cutting hardwood or running long bars will like it. It has everything the other saws have like spring av, good air filtration etc. Shindaiwa is now offering the echo pb 8010 in there colors so in time we might see a red version.

Jchin

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning Mr Homelite750. I am very interested in this new Echo CS7310SX 73.5cc saw. I have many of the 70cc saws from Dolmar, Makita, Husqvarna, and Stihl. This would be a good addition to my collection.

You say there are two of these production saw arriving this week in Maine. I would not mind taking a 5 hour ride to Maine to see this new Echo. I could bring my Apple Ipad and take some photos of the saw and send them back to the members here on OPE. This would be good for the sake of chainsaw science.

Jack

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd have zero issue buying that saw so you have funds for the echo! ;)
I asked it, it doesn’t want to go back to the cold of MN. Haven’t run it yet, it’s going to @Miller Mod Saws in a week for a port job. Loved the one he did on the 9010 so this one is going to be like it’s big brother. Sorry.

mark davies

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes that sounds great! The looks not so much. I'm actually somewhat excited to give one a try.

@mark davies will there be an outer felling dawg out of the box? Wrap handle availability like the 620pw?
yes as far as im aware echo will have that as an option and probably a heated handle version at a later date

mark davies

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hear is a picture of the saw with it's top cover off u can see details of airfilter and filtration system it looks well built I'm told it has a lot moreeterial used in the cylinder head witch has better heat disepation

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200201-184650.png
    Screenshot_20200201-184650.png
    579.2 KB · Views: 129

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Hear is a picture of the saw with it's top cover off u can see details of airfilter and filtration system it looks well built I'm told it has a lot moreeterial used in the cylinder head witch has better heat disepation

I'm really liking the look of this saw! Some of the previous gen echos use a similar filter set up and it works well.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got 2 questions:

1. What about a Wrap Handle, big dawgs, & big Clutch cover?

2. See #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yes as far as im aware echo will have that as an option and probably a heated handle version at a later date

Wondered the same thing Heaf. Looks like at least a wrap and outer dawg.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The I’m not too proud; the last few pieces of new OPE I bought have been Echo.

TH saw, hedge trimmer, & Blower.

I’ll give it a go.

I always felt echo offered a good product for the price

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The I’m not too proud; the last few pieces of new OPE I bought have been Echo.

TH saw, hedge trimmer, & Blower.

I’ll give it a go.

I'm not ashamed of any of the echo ope I have. Its bomber gear for a good price.

I always felt echo offered a good product for the price

Price is important to a guy like me who doesn't know what hammer handed wreck it Ralph will be using my equipment from day to day.

Piston Skirt

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I highly doubt anyone looked that direction when it was first drawn...