High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Any info/insight on the new t540xp Mk 3?

vrex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seen that Husky is putting out a "new" t540xp (gasser, not battery), nothing insightful in their post except that its a redesign, has a bit more power. Looks about like they put in enough to one up the 201T. 40cc, autotune 3.0. Any dealers or people with industry knowledge know anything about this thing? I'm in the market for a new climb saw for removals, east coast hardwoods and it seems the forum's consensus is a ported 2511 is good for a lot of things but big hardwood removals may be asking a bit much of it. Use a 201 at present, and... well its not ported or anything (service saws, not mine) but I don't love em. Use em just fine and get on with them well enough, but like, wheres the zing? Seen some of the ported 201's in action that a few of the builders here have put out, one thing at a time for me. Buy the saw, earn something back on it, get it ported (building my side work up). On a tangent, why no love for the existing t540xp? (Besides hard to work on). Saw a video @Red97 did, t540 wasn't much better than the echo which is half the cost. But I'm not in for a 355, cost or not, buy once cry once if I can, and I'd spring for a 201T if that's just the answer.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
1:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve never run a t540, but on paper they should have more pull than a 201t. V1 and V2 are 37.7cc with a longer stroke than the 201t. Bumping up to 40cc seems like it would definitely add some torque.

But most everyone goes for the 201t. We run 4 of them and a single 200t. The latest version 201t is very good right off the shelf. Today, at my local Stihl dealer the tag on the shelf said $866…

Stihl is also pushing out their new 220t battery saw. The 220t is heavier but is supposed to be stronger than the t540xpi. Maybe Husky is throwing out a 40cc to trump them all. Strong chance it’s a dud though. Husky has been third place in top handles for quite a while.