Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
first DMG Mori in the shop? looks like you will be getting CAD/CAM software after all LOL. unless you can program that 5axis mill turn in Celos.
hope you don't break down ever, heard these machines have horrible customer service techs. that was out of the mouth of an ex service engineer.
Eighth DMG, second DMF, biggest machine yet.
It'll be slavery to be assigned to the DMF300 as it will be set up with dual worktables and it will process the biggest & heaviest workpieces.

99% of all DMG processing programs are G-Code (Celos) as they need to be correctable to the operators on the machines console.

Upon purchase of the first two machines DMG support was all like "We will come within 24 hours of Your call!" and they did.
Now they are generally in no hurry to come fix the machines.
Also, the DMG machines are sensitive to abuse (collisions due to programming/operator error) and they wear fast coughing up issues even within the first year of usage during warranty.

I am fond of the Hurco machines, the abuse they take is insane.
Unfortunately support is poor too and the last three purchased machines were (and still are) riddled with factory issues - that greatly contributed to the brand switch to DMG.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
9:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It'll be slavery to be assigned to the DMF300 as it will be set up with dual worktables and it will process the biggest & heaviest workpieces.

99% of all DMG processing programs are G-Code (Celos) as they need to be correctable to the operators on the machines console.

Upon purchase of the first two machines DMG support was all like "We will come within 24 hours of Your call!" and they did.
Also, the DMG machines are sensitive to abuse (collisions due to programming/operator error) and they wear fast coughing up issues even within the first year of usage during warranty.

Unfortunately support is poor too and the last three purchased machines were (and still are) riddled with factory issues - that greatly contributed to the brand switch to DMG.

I'm still rocking Milltronics machines from 96 and 98. I either use their conversational programming on the machine or write the g code by hand.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The new stuff is all crap and unreliable!
In some aspects faster and with more features, yes - but not better.

Old analog driven machines are the bomb, the digital stuff is way too sensitive to its surrounding.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Old analog driven machines are the bomb, the digital stuff is way too sensitive to its surrounding.

That is what I like about the old milltronics machines. They are pretty reliable and if they do break I can figure it out and fix it myself. Plus they can be picked up pretty cheap and run on single phase.

I have a Partner P00 knee mill with their mill-slide head. It makes for a pretty convenient machine to do general machining with or it can make decently precise small parts with the limited 6.5" of CNC controlled Z travel.

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm still rocking Milltronics machines from 96 and 98. I either use their conversational programming on the machine or write the g code by hand.
we have an old Mori SL-45 that was bought new in 83/84? and the operator that runs it has been on it since '87 right out of HS. that thing is a beast.

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

ya the shop I work at ain't climate controlled, but we don't have many issues with are CNCs, our boring mills the quills grow a bit over the course of the day, but you learn to compensate for it. we did have to put in 2 hard drives in the Hermle C-30, in less than a yr. but I don't think they were good from the get-go.

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

glad they went with a Mazak INTEGREX I 400 than, instead of the DMG NTX 3000 LOL