The 572XP Update Thread

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you may be missing Randy's point...if I may... a broken saw in for repairs could have been "broked" by any of a myriad of reasons... Randy's complaint is with BRAND NEW unopened box saws requiring major repairs before they can be operated. Its "Quality" or lack there of "Control" that is the issue.. Not the general operating reputation or performance or even reliability.
It is apples and oranges. I work on a chit ton of saws, yet only a few brand new ones. Randy’s opinion does matter steering my customers towards purchasing brand new saws. I think we all appreciate that. There’s certainly a difference between running a couple of tanks of gas through a saw per year and using it to put food on the table.

i’ll read the next several pages after I post this and see where we are...... Don’t look good tho

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Someone help me out here.

~203 hours @ 60 minutes per hour =~ 12180 minutes of operation?
Buttt......4283 starts? Why would a saw that large be used in a manner that required re-starting it every 3 minutes? (12180/4283)
I restart my 7910 roughly every 3 minutes when blocking down a big spar...

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I restart my 7910 roughly every 3 minutes when blocking down a big spar...
Why? Cut, back off trigger, lift to next cut line, cut, back off trigger until log is done or fuel is used up in my case. 372/288 thats 20 or 30 minutes of run time. Not doubting, just trying to understand.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Why? Cut, back off trigger, lift to next cut line, cut, back off trigger until log is done or fuel is used up in my case. 372/288 thats 20 or 30 minutes of run time. Not doubting, just trying to understand.

Sure if I was bucking a trunk laying on the ground...

Because sending a 20# saw down a rope and hauling it back up after refuel sucks and it's hard to communicate with ground help 50 feet below you while trying to talk over a running saw.

I guess my point is not everyone uses a given tool the same way.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Because sending a 20# saw down a rope and hauling it back up after refuel sucks and it's hard to communicate with ground help 50 feet below you while trying to talk over a running saw.
Ah, sorry, my mistake. You are climbing. That makes perfect sense then.