High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Teach a german guy to make a real gooood burger!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great old local method
Fresh 80/20 Chuck or 90/10 ground sirloin.
Large old cast iron skillet.
Season with sea salt and a black peppercorn grinder.
The best way imho is flatten the patty as much as possible
Seasoning it as it browns quickly
This is an old smashburger method
Cheese and diced onions can be quickly softened
On top of the browned patty as it cooks.
Or the standard thick patty cooking method
Is the same.
Simple

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One I had last week.

Medium Rare, Cheddar cheese, olive oil and sea salt, garlic, bacon. Mayo and mustard with garlicky kosher dills, onion and peppers.
936adce5bf566da7ef724d5b8d24491a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next time you’re in the area, give me a shout. 864-991-1330

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next time you’re in the area, give me a shout. 864-991-1330
I get up there often, my wife's from Greenville. But I usually am spending the time with her and family every time I am up there and don't have free time to just hang out.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My meat of choice is 80/20 ground chuck, 3/4 pound burger patty. I mainly use a cast iron, or a grill when possible. Seasoning, I use sea salt, coarse ground pepper, garlic powder, and (saw this on a Gordon Ramsay video) topping the patty with grated butter. I always do toasted buns. Toppings that I use are 3 slices of sharp cheddar cheese, 5 slices of crispy bacon, Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce, and finely chopped and grated garlic.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My meat of choice is 80/20 ground chuck, 3/4 pound burger patty. I mainly use a cast iron, or a grill when possible. Seasoning, I use sea salt, coarse ground pepper, garlic powder, and (saw this on a Gordon Ramsay video) topping the patty with grated butter. I always do toasted buns. Toppings that I use are 3 slices of sharp cheddar cheese, 5 slices of crispy bacon, Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce, and finely chopped and grated garlic.
Sounds like a pretty righteous burger. I'd have to lose the BBQ sauce.
I do a pat of butter on steaks, just before I pull them from the grill. I'll have to try it on a burger, can't imagine it wouldn't be good.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I won't be making any hamburgers for a while. There is a shortage of ground beef here and when you do find it, it's $7 to $8 a pound. I refuse to pay those prices.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I've made my burgers pretty similar to the way that you do.

I came up with my own BBQ sauce mixture. If you like BBQ sauce try this!

1 cup Apple butter (preferably one with NO PRESERVATIVES. We have Amish around here and they make some good apple butter)!
³/⁴ to 1 cup Ketchup
Worcestershire sauce
Soy sauce
Grape juice

The last 3 ingredients I mix to taste depends on what kind of a flavor that you are looking for.
The grape juice adds anothe layer of acid/sweetness to the sauce while also thins it out so it gets in all tge nooks and crannies!

OC455

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Usually 80/20 ground chuck....I make my burgers pretty large....They over hang the buns most of time, but I try to find Kaiser rolls to use when making my burgers. And I toast them up. Either the grill or my flat top cast iron that came with my GE stove. (Flat on one side, ridges on the other, I use the ridged side) Cook up some bacon, either on top or break into pieces and add it in the ground chuck...

I just use coarse salt and ground pepper from a mill on each side of the burger.

High heat and let them cook and then flip them when they have browned up good. Sear the outside so the juices stay in and remains a bit pink in the middle.

Mayo on the toasted buns, a nice beefsteak tomato slice, some thin sliced white onions, some lettuce leaf (not much), ketchup/mustard for taste. Top it off with bacon if not in the patty itself and some cheddar.

My other favorite burger, which I haven't had in a long time, same thing as described above, red onions instead of white, and then add guacamole to the top.....sans ketchup/mustard.

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like a nice thick juicy burger with garlic, spices and worchester sauce (lea & perrins) mixed in. And thousand island dressing is the best condiment.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Making a good burger is easy. Making a GREAT burger however is not.

Chef Dominicks 7 points for a better burger:

Firstly, a good burger needs to be supported by a sturdy bun. There is no use in putting a beautiful burger on two pieces of crappy bread. I like to use either a Bulky roll for sandwiches or a brioche bun.

Secondly, a good burger needs natural flavor...so 80/20 is the blend to use. 8-10 ounces before cooking is a great size. Its important not to season the patty too far before being cooked, it will shrink and get tough!

Thirdly! Cooking a burger is best done on a grill. Should a grill not be available, a properly seasoned cast iron pan is a great friend to have. If you have an electric stove, I like to cook my burgs on 7. Too hot and you will burn the burger and not cook the inside to temp, too cool and you won't get a nice char on it. I also prefer to cook my burgs in a little butter if in a cast iron pan.

Fourthly!!!! Seasoning...keep it simple. A good grind has delicious natural flavor right from the get go. Right before cooking, a blend of kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper and garlic powder is my simple go to.

Fifthly (lol) cheese...everyone is different. My wife prefers no cheese at all, I enjoy cheese. A strong cheese can overpower the natural flavor of the meat, but can be tempting. I prefer cheddar! But I can be tempted into blue cheese crumbles... American cheese is for swine. I said what I said.

Sixthly!!!!! Toppers. Who doesnt love goodies on top of a burger? You can take the simple road and just do crisp lettuce, tomato and onion. I prefer it that way myself, but...BUT! A burger can be bolstered with other tasty toppers. I loved making sautéed onions, mushrooms and peppers for a topper at the restaurant. Jalapeños, pickles, banana peppers also have a place here.

Seventh...cooking a burger (or any beef) beyond medium is sacrilege. Don't be a heathen! Treat that meat with respect!