High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Teach a german guy to make a real gooood burger!

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
5:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Meh, ribeye is my favorite steak. Somtimes I can buy em for $6-$7 a pound. It doesn’t bother me to make a burger out of em once in a while.

Dang I struck a nerve or two with the ribeye burger. Lol
Nah... do what you like. Lol

Rib steak (bone in ribeye) medium rare is my hands down favorite on the grill.
Sirloin or some of those roasts that the wife turns into shoe leather would be my choice to grind when the burger supply is low. [emoji1]

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the fancy burger restaurants use a custom grind. Usually a blend of chuck, brisket and ribeye trimmings. I’ve got to help a friend cater tonight. All this talk about burgers has really got me craving one. I’ll do a build thread in the next day or two. Lol

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Use 2 glazed donuts as buns [emoji39][emoji2957]

I've done that before... Tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My uncle told me about that. In Hamburg PA they have a hamburger festival. He said that the festival is the most impressive thing that he's ever seen. He's never seen so many ways to make a burger. He said that his favorite is the two glazed doughnuts on a bun. He said he was apprehensive at first but he's glad the tried it. I gotta try it now. @DuratecMan10 your the second person that I've only ever heard of doing this. Did you do that on your own or did you have it at a restaurant like that?

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cheese has to be melted, put it on the burger after you put on cooked crispy bacon while still on grill. Nothing worse than un-melted cheese. Freshen up buns on grill first then put sauces on them so they are ready to recieve the burger. Grill needs to be HOT when them burgers hit the iron, this seals in the good juices & adds a tasty layer of caramelization. Good ground beef with salt & pepper...that's IT! Don't trust supermarket burgers, make them yourself so you control what goes into them. I like a 60:40 mix of beef & pork mince (but pure beef is fine too). A little fat is good in mince, if its too lean they are dry. Fresh tomato & lettuce are optional but good mayo and tomato sauce is important. You can add things like and egg or cooked onion but they are not essential like the burger/bacon/cheese is.

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I pep them up a tad bit .Some Mrs Dash,old bay seasoning and lemon pepper .Some times a little Tony Chacheres creole seasoning .No lettuce which belongs in a salad not a sandwich .Spicy mustard ,horse radish ,tomato .12" cast iron skillet with just a dribble of peanut oil . Beer of course .

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My uncle told me about that. In Hamburg PA they have a hamburger festival. He said that the festival is the most impressive thing that he's ever seen. He's never seen so many ways to make a burger. He said that his favorite is the two glazed doughnuts on a bun. He said he was apprehensive at first but he's glad the tried it. I gotta try it now. @DuratecMan10 your the second person that I've only ever heard of doing this. Did you do that on your own or did you have it at a restaurant like that?

I first had it here at the Strawberry Festival, it was delicious! Then I did it on my own, I used 2 whole Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. They do some cool stuff down here. They deep fried a whole burger once!

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I first had it here at the Strawberry Festival, it was delicious! Then I did it on my own, I used 2 whole Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. They do some cool stuff down here. They deep fried a whole burger once!

Mmmmmmm deep fried burger! Anything fried is good but that's just a heart attack waiting to happen if you make a habit of eating too many of those.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes and no .It all depends on what your metabolism is .My bad cholesterol is low and I'm a meat eater .The native peoples of Alaska lived on whale blubber and were healthy as a horse and lived into their 90's .Saying that not everybody's system is the same . Vegans for example in spite of what they might say are not the most healthy people in the world ,they just think they are .
Homo sapiens ,people by design are omnivorous . If we were designed to eat just vegetation we would have a digestive system like a cow .If we were designed to be strictly carnivores we would have a short digestive tract like a lion .We have neither nor do we sport fangs .Might be handy at times though I must admit .

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys [emoji1] most importent answer, it's grass fed beef from ireland.

The paper is parchment paper and yes I use some type of a George Foreman grill XD oh, and the white stuff is my (unhappy)try to mimic some type of big mac sauce (mayo, pickles, mustard....)

(I should double the bacon next time)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

As an American in Ireland, I can tell you grass fed is quite a bit different from corn fed. It's got a more beefy sort of taste to it. Almost gamey. In my 20 years here, off and on, I have never seen corn fed beef here. So even MCD and Burger King taste a bit different. MCD is def less greasy here, for better or worse. And unless you grind your own, it is difficult to find anything more than 15% fat in most grocers here. I use bacon grease if it's gonna be on a pan(I usually have bacon for breakfast if it's burger for dinner), a toasted brioche bun(not quite as sweet as a Hawaiian), drowned in cheese(usually a mild cheddar) and we are spoiled for cheese choices here in Europe(except there's no American cheese here), so sometimes Emmenthaler, Gouda, and Edam cheese make it in after I season it well. I am fond of the standard pickles, lettuce, onions and tomato condiments with mayo. Pickles are actually oddly rare here in Ireland. The Irish aren't fond of them or sauer kraut(which are a must have for me on hotdogs). I do a lot of cooking from scratch tho, have worked in a few restaurants, and a couple of friends are chefs, so have a whole cabinet full of herbs and spices.

If I have some Ribeye laying about, I'd season it with salt, pepper, and a hint of garlic, sear it on both sides and serve it nearly rare. No way would this Texan put a Ribeye in a grinder. That's where the corn fed makes a difference - ribeyes stateside seem to be much more marbled and don't need as much aging. And if you want a decent cut here, you must go to the local butcher and tell him to make them thick. The grocers have rather pathetic cuts.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t know how I missed this thread for so long. I use fiesta ranch packets and mix one packet per lb of burger. Diced jalapeños and lots of garlic to go in mine before cooking. Sometimes I’ll use Caribbean jerk marinade or Baja chipotle instead of ranch and still put jalapeños in it.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Double the patty, bacon, and cheese; substitute the red and white stuff for some decent BBQ sauce; and skip the greens... the meat already ate that for you.
^ This
1/2 angus, 1/2 pork sausage... mmmmmm!

You can can get really carried away and put a little diced onion and garlic in the patty.
^ You spying in my kitchen.
You should try some jalapeño picked garlic in them!
Noted
In my neck of the woods, we use 80/20 ground Chuck. A little salt and pepper, grilled to slightly pink inside. Served on a bun with coleslaw, chili, onions, mustard and of course cheese. In restaurants they call that a cheeseburger all the way.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Carolina style! Personally I don't care for the slaw.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bun has to be just as good as burger... brioche buns are great.

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funnily, I even have something like that in my fridge [emoji1787]
9d96c2ebf31638bb5ba8f53fd0148ddb.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

With all due respect there is only one real mayonnaise and we will probably need to send it to you, I don't think you will find it there.

GUEST_729df773-0765-40ef-82d5-3f09e5acec31