Stihl wtf's?

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got off the phone with my local guy. And he says the list of parts on 660's that are NLA is oddly growing. Like a rim sprocket clutch drum I just tried to order. And a list of other parts all over the spectrum he says.

You guys getting this too?

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my local guy. And he says the list of parts on 660's that are NLA is oddly growing. Like a rim sprocket clutch drum I just tried to order. And a list of other parts all over the spectrum he says.

My local dealers have become a pain in the a$$ to deal with on parts. If its much more than spark plugs or some bar oil they seem to have difficulty finding anything. I would just as soon order everything in from @Definitive Dave . The 660 parts should be fairly easy to get as they are still being sold in third world countries.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dealer of stihl said he can't get crap
From Germany.
I don't run stihl but I work on them
Pia

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not for long
My local dealers have become a pain in the a$$ to deal with on parts. If its much more than spark plugs or some bar oil they seem to have difficulty finding anything. I would just as soon order everything in from @Definitive Dave . The 660 parts should be fairly easy to get as they are still being sold in third world countries.

according to recent news.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Parts should be available for a while given the length of production run. I would guess it’s the operator behind the screen.

That being said when he finds the part it’s going to be stupid expensive. Order one from Oregon. Part number 35464X. Less than half the cost. Comes with a drum, rim sprocket, washer and E clip. You’ll have to order the needle bearing separate. I believe Oregon makes those as well. You’ll have to look that up. Don’t have the number handy. Rich

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you sure these supply problems aren't because of china19 here in Australia everything in every field is running short of supply .
No. Even in my PDF I have downloaded to my phone there isn't even a part number in its location. We were both perplexed.

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe it’s true.
They sell the 661 and 651 all over the world.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like others say, could be a few reasons. But operater behind the screen is more than likely the part that needs changing.

next time you go in, go with a list of parts you know you can get else where, and show him who you will call for the parts, o_O

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Switch over to Dolmar, problem solved. :D

I have back ordered Stihl stuff at my local Stihl dealer, luckily nothing for my own needs.

Some of the stuff my local Stihl dealer can or will not order I can get off German eBay.
If You really need something Stihl try eBay. ;)

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
1:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know why but the part number in AU is 1128 007 1002
Maybe because it's a 7T

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both my local dealers stock nearly nothing in the way of parts other than bars and chains. Both say that is the new norm. All orders have a $20 fee. Used to get parts in a day or 2. Now if i get them in 4 days i am happy. More and more i am going to aftermarket if the customer will accept it.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
1:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both my local dealers stock nearly nothing in the way of parts other than bars and chains. Both say that is the new norm. All orders have a $20 fee. Used to get parts in a day or 2. Now if i get them in 4 days i am happy. More and more i am going to aftermarket if the customer will accept it.

I thought this crap only happen in my retarded country

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Some of these dealer guys just try to make more, so they tack this stuff on. One dealer told me unless he was "placing an order" I would have to pay for shipping. I said, "No thanks."
All dealers are not the same. Try picking out a part you need and call three or four different dealers. You may be surprised. The prices they sell at are not the same.
In the last 5 years some parts here locally have gone up significantly. Not really sure why. Just my 2 pennies.