jcarlberg

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The shop
Owner said to do the reset, they never cease to amaze me…saws prob fine but these people selling saws are something else
I shoulda not listened to a word, and tossed the manual to boot. Double-checking the manual; somewhere early on it says don't run WOT during break-in (first three tanks). Kinda buried on page 30 of the manual. But in the safety instructions it seems to suggest run WOT. And so a new owner like me listens to the dude, reads page 34 which says (like most of you) the saw automatically adapts, but also hey if you want it to do so faster, calibrate it. Look forward to getting it into some wood right away; tons of oak and ash to fell & buck.

Entisol

Active OPE Member
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I shoulda not listened to a word, and tossed the manual to boot. Double-checking the manual; somewhere early on it says don't run WOT during break-in (first three tanks). Kinda buried on page 30 of the manual. But in the safety instructions it seems to suggest run WOT. And so a new owner like me listens to the dude, reads page 34 which says (like most of you) the saw automatically adapts, but also hey if you want it to do so faster, calibrate it. Look forward to getting it into some wood right away; tons of oak and ash to fell & buck.
I wouldn’t worry about the reset. Probably not necessary for your new saw, but also not the end of the world if you did it. Just avoid UNLOADED WOT during break in. You can go full throttle when you’re in the wood. Have fun with your new saw!

jcarlberg

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn’t worry about the reset. Probably not necessary for your new saw, but also not the end of the world if you did it. Just avoid UNLOADED WOT during break in. You can go full throttle when you’re in the wood. Have fun with your new saw!
Thank you I will run it that way. Makes sense.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya let her eat, I think you like it a lot!!!!

Yes WOT in the wood (or under load as stihl puts it)….