High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl MS881! The rumors begin

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
What's the bet that someone's market is getting an m-tronic if that tickles your fancy I would be waiting no way would I buy this .
Seems like this release is just like the 261 you have a carb saw then it will go m-tronic.
Maybe Stihl is testing the water to see what public reaction is ,it twin sets of magnets on the flywheel is a giveaway

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have a question
how come it needs a diagnostic port when it is a standard carb and not mtronic or fuel injected ?

also the recoil tag needs to change the white letters to black
the white on orange looks gay
Few things. For now its mainly so we can check module for runtime, starts, see if its original module, etc
Second, they have been talking about making fewer modules and just having it so you upload a "file"

Helping the dealers reduce inventory.

As far as the orange letters to black, yes I agree 100%

MS500i R

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe Stihl is testing the water to see what public reaction is ,it twin sets of magnets on the flywheel is a giveaway

They had to stop selling the 880 due to emissions right? I'm wondering if they just ran out of time to get the Mtronic version running properly before they had to submit some saws for testing and approval. They also might have decided to build and ship both versions, but this one was easier to get out the door first.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
10:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
only thing shown is sharp chain versus dull chain

ive been tingking about this,, apart from two bars of different length (880 wearing the shortest). Both saws are well caperbull of pulling a humugus bars.
So i think it’s just someone has a good filed chain and the depth gauges a lot lower on the 881.. and the sucker on the 880 is a dummy for the vid.:risas3:

MS500i R

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
On YouTube you can find the official STIHL statement concerning a M-tronic or FI Version of the MS 881 :

Not available and not even planed.

But their (STIHL) comments about questions w.r.t. a MS 661 successor impliy: there is s.th. in the air.

Meh. I'm not sure what their track record is. But I know for the work I do, we say the same *s-word even when the product in question is sitting on my test bench.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shows whether or not the chain self-feeds or not. Aggressiveness of the chain.