High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl MS200T vs. 020T?

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
6:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
We have a customer who has a very nice older one. It’s hangered, wooden wing. He told me the new ones are going for quarter million. Whew….
Quite a bit different in the new ones..but not $250k different
Something close to or at tbo but still flying would be in my range. Got a few APs local that could help field overhaul

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
4:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bearings are very easy on 200t, but they rarely go out. Nearly all 020t, 200t, and 201t have minor play at the case bearings. More commonly the cranks fail or overheat and become suspect. 026 seal is definitely the way to go. Never seen one backwards. I would keep a keen eye out for other BS.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It used to be a bearing and seal replacement was about 60 dollars using OEM .Which, depending on the usage is not a bad idea periodically .Keep in mind a 200T is no longer made and IMO a 201T doesn't fill it's shoes .They usually only cook the top end if the bottom end fails .A stitch in time saves nine they say .
As for adding a can of soup to the little darlins it's not that hard to do .Some work on the muffler and a cut cylinder usually is enough for most .I went a little bit deeper on one of mine .Until I reread this thread I had no idea an 024 seal would work .Thanks for that because the original seal never impressed me the way it is made .

telejed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know I'm late to the party but, the 201t seals/bearings also work.

Also, hasn't someone tried to disable the accelerator pump?