High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl MS200T vs. 020T?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I’ll dig up a set tomorrow. pm me your info and I’ll send it over.
Got more here. The trouble is the mfer bugs me. Now I must find the problem. I could be the problem but not likely. It must have a worn cam or something in there. Getting to it soon over here but thanks. Let me sort it first.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In my case the C1Q was prior to the accel pump model .However the new one sent me was a later model with an accel pump .The conversation arose on another forum that Adam C and I posted on as well as Eddie Anderson .He was curious so I sent a faulty one to Stihl Va Beach for testing at Eddies request .Fact I keep the box the new carb came in C1Q S126A and written on the outside ," red welch plug leak " So we were partly correct .
I might add the 200T that carb is on is a hot rod . I modded it and since the new carb which I did not touch the setting. It's as it came from the factory had never ran so well .I'm not a pro trimmer so it doesn't get used that much .
This one is a hotrod also. Everything in it that can be ported, is.

Adam G

Zigzag failures +4
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Lightning Performance
I’d like to see what kind of animal-once she’s become once done.
Bark box makes a nifty muffler mod for them that I have yet to try out. I’ve also ground out a lot of the internal casting on the muffler halves but I’m not convinced that it made that much of a difference just louder.

Another idea that I have wanted to try is to cut the bottom out of the bottom casing directly under the ext exit and weld in in a small deflector to divert ext gas through the muffler and drop it in to welded port/bung through the small window in the fuel tank.
Only problem being is that the bung would have to be just the right depth so you can fit the fuel tank over the darn thing.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Lightning Performance
I’d like to see what kind of animal-once she’s become once done.
Bark box makes a nifty muffler mod for them that I have yet to try out. I’ve also ground out a lot of the internal casting on the muffler halves but I’m not convinced that it made that much of a difference just louder.

Another idea that I have wanted to try is to cut the bottom out of the bottom casing directly under the ext exit and weld in in a small deflector to divert ext gas through the muffler and drop it in to welded port/bung through the small window in the fuel tank.
Only problem being is that the bung would have to be just the right depth so you can fit the fuel tank over the darn thing.
Don't know if anyone got a video of it Saturday in PA.

Bark Box makes 200T parts?

Adam G

Zigzag failures +4
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't know if anyone got a video of it Saturday in PA.

Bark Box makes 200T parts?

Yes it should be at the top of their product page, seems to be a fair price or if you have the equipment you can make something similar.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got that handle sorted. Had too much on the end of a plastic casting.
Fixed

This saw is nasty. Eats up 14" white oak pretty good. Chews through chestnut oak like cotton wood. You can dig in with it now running a 16" lp b+c

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a querstion for you fellows real familiar with the 020T. When do you decide to replace the bearings in them? There is a very small amount of up down movement in both the clutch side and fan side on the one on my bench right now. I’m new to the saws insides and I just realized there’s rollers in there. Nice wet , clean case. Just some movement.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a querstion for you fellows real familiar with the 020T. When do you decide to replace the bearings in them? There is a very small amount of up down movement in both the clutch side and fan side on the one on my bench right now. I’m new to the saws insides and I just realized there’s rollers in there. Nice wet , clean case. Just some movement.
Tough call. Very common to have a "little" play in any that have some time on them. Without knowing the history of the saw...I would swap them out...
@PA Dan has had good luck using 026 bearings/seals in them instead of the funky bakelite seals. Lateral movement is always present. It's a loosey goosey bottom end

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tough call. Very common to have a "little" play in any that have some time on them. Without knowing the history of the saw...I would swap them out...
@PA Dan has had good luck using 026 bearings/seals in them instead of the funky bakelite seals. Lateral movement is always present. It's a loosey goosey bottom end
Bearings are rollers and they are easy to replace. The 026 seal is they way to go in my opinion! They go in great and I have had no issues. Case sealed up and held vac and pressure for days! I have 4 or 5 tanks on my rebuild and it runs perfect.
d509a8ad056af7726c5f3e7fee3e1070.jpg
b22811bb8c75444858219e12b463a8fc.jpg
a977a99019194d3a0af1f40a4cbdc99c.jpg

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where do you guys get the good quality bearings I’ll need for this? I’ve looked on the bay and found one OEM bearing for $30 after shipping?!!?

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpg Also, for your consideration, this seal was installed backwards by the last person in here. Makes me think the crankshaft is worn and won’t seal, maybe. Is this ever a good idea?

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
the whole thing comes apart real easy without any "case" tools. replace the bearings and seals and maybe the rings while yer there and be dones wif it...its worth the money invested. they are great saws that hold value well. if ya wanna borrow the seal tools Dan pic'd above PM me. Ill send them. Gonna need a IO360 case with yellow tags sent in trade :)

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just ordered 4 of these bearings as I have a 200T to do after this. $11 ea. Man, I gotta drop the eBay habit.

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the whole thing comes apart real easy without any "case" tools. replace the bearings and seals and maybe the rings while yer there and be dones wif it...its worth the money invested. they are great saws that hold value well. if ya wanna borrow the seal tools Dan pic'd above PM me. Ill send them. Gonna need a IO360 case with yellow tags sent in trade :)
Got no IO360 case. But, just did an annual on one (new one) with 184 hrs on it. Compressions were all over the place. Not your typical Lycoming high 70’s compressions. Cyl #2 was 20/80 and required a new exhaust valve and some grinding and lapping to get it back to where it needs to be. Intake was leaking too in that cyl. Brand new airplane with a bad cylinder.
Never saw that coming when I ran it up. Ran real rough but the repair smoothed it out.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got no IO360 case. But, just did an annual on one (new one) with 184 hrs on it. Compressions were all over the place. Not your typical Lycoming high 70’s compressions. Cyl #2 was 20/80 and required a new exhaust valve and some grinding and lapping to get it back to where it needs to be. Intake was leaking too in that cyl. Brand new airplane with a bad cylinder.
Never saw that coming when I ran it up. Ran real rough but the repair smoothed it out.
Lead coated ?
I'm looking for /dreaming of a super decathlon but have 7eca money :)
Keep me in mind if you step on one

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lead coated ?
I'm looking for /dreaming of a super decathlon but have 7eca money :)
Keep me in mind if you step on one
We have a customer who has a very nice older one. It’s hangered, wooden wing. He told me the new ones are going for quarter million. Whew….