High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My take on the senior shopping hour(s)

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
First off it is Krogers, so is early Monday morning. Also Wednesday and Friday.

Many Seniors like my wife can't see very well at that time of the morning or dusk, here in the country the deer move at dawn and dusk mostly. So if it was her driving she could have ended up with a unseen deer in her lap.

I on the other hand have spent so many years working the night shift I see fine at this time and have no problems in bright sun lite.

We chose to drive a few extra miles to the Lapeer store because Lapeer county only has one case confirmed so far.

Genesse county on the other hand has 127 cases confirmed and 5 deaths listed.

At the store I put on my Nitrite gloves before getting out of the pick up. Go in the store and there are no cart wipe down towels, but soap imbedded paper towels if you open up the dispenser to see them.

Kare says TP aisle first, empty only had some packs of paper dinner napkins. Some one has to be hijacking the trucks delivering TP to stores. Ads on TV say they are working 24 hours a day to make a product that gives us comfort, one of the factories is in Michigans UP.

Seems Michigan stores would get supplied first since they are the closest.

OK lets go back to start, Produce first thing in the door, supply appears to be very good there. How ever a law passed several years ago said stores did not have to mark ever box bag or potato with a price tag. But the price had to be clearly posted on the rack cost per bag box or other. I wanted potatoes and it was to be cash out surprise, wonder if my lawyer would do a class action law suit over that during this pandemic?

Next is meat like burger, steaks port butt roast, and other, very little to choose from and I believe prices were marked up, I swear 2 weeks ago steak was 6.99 a pound not 8.99 a pound with a limit of one package. We don't by meat from a grocery anyway but still other seniors do. chicken limited supplies and sort on some parts and I never did see a whole chicken. Guess others have found time to cut up the chicken since they are off work.

Cheese the pound and pound and a half blocksI buy, I can shred what we use for 3.00 a pound and guess others have discovered that since they are not working they can too. The supply of shredded cheese was bulging but the block stuff was short on supply.

I got one block.

A funny one was potato chips, Lays were in very short supply but the Better Made brand, made in Michigan was bulging figure that one out. Kare doesn't like the Better Made brand so maybe there is a reason lays were in short supply.

Tomorrow is the last day to use the Kroger fuel points, we had 50 cents off, Lapeer only sells Gasoline not any Diesel. Gasoline today was 152.9 cents a gallon, I had the 50 cents off discount so bought 35 gallons at 102.9 cents a gallon. Truck only took by squeezing it 13 gallons, I put the rest in cans. Every thing is starting to get full here that uses gasoline, but probably in a week I will be mowing if it warms up. So if I keep the same customers I will use about 10 gallons every 4th day. Diesel at the station across the street was 252.9 cents a gallon. Figure that out if the price of gas is down due to a crude oil war between Russia and Saudis why is diesel still so high. The truckers charge a sir charge for fuel cost is one reason and shipping cost a lot if you buy some thing that needs shipping.

Any one know how to make diesel out of gasoline? I need some for the Bota.

:D Al