So what did you buy today

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I went to the lumber yard to get some boiled linseed oil, propane bottles and some recip saw blades and while I was waiting I got to looking at the Fuel pole saw. I have a manual Stihl pole saw, so I didn't necessarily need this, but the guy told me the promo was, if you buy the Fuel chainsaw kit, you get the pole saw, bare tool, for free. I couldn't pass that up. Basically gave me 350 bucks. Sometimes it would be handy not having to start a chainsaw for a couple quick cuts............so here I am. edit : Got all the words together

IMG_20230111_140128_603.jpg

Last edited:

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love my electric saws. Perfect for those light quick jobs.

I agree. Honestly, I've always just grabbed my cordless recip saw and went that route, but on stuff bigger than a few inches, I think this saw will be dang handy and definitely faster.

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
1:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree. Honestly, I've always just grabbed my cordless recip saw and went that route, but on stuff bigger than a few inches, I think this saw will be dang handy and definitely faster.

Once I got the little DeWalt 20V chainsaw, the sawzall never left the case for that task again. 14" Oregon bar for a little extra reach and it's a trail maintenance dream.

I cut 3 cord of firewood with my Greenworks 80V with 18" bar. No issues, and the lack of vibration makes for a relaxing weekend.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I went to the lumber yard to get some boiled linseed oil, propane bottles and some recip saw blades and while I was waiting I got to looking at the Fuel pole saw. I have a manual Stihl pole saw, so I didn't necessarily need this, but the guy told me the promo was, if you buy the Fuel chainsaw kit, you get the pole saw, bare tool, for free. I couldn't pass that up. Basically gave me 350 bucks. Sometimes it would be handy not having to start a chainsaw for a couple quick cuts............so here I am. edit : Got all the words together

View attachment 361127
Anybody got a link to that deal.

Sierra_rider

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Holy smokes......... that's a steal for 250. I had one and sold it........good little mill. There's some simple yet effective solutions to the round columns. I had a laser pointer on mine. Honestly, I wish I'd have kept mine. Good score.

It was just the right place/time sort of deal. A manufacturing business was closing up and this and a couple of disc/belt combo sanders were the only things left...he just needed everything out of the building right away. I tried to get one of the sanders too, but those were already spoken for.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was just the right place/time sort of deal. A manufacturing business was closing up and this and a couple of disc/belt combo sanders were the only things left...he just needed everything out of the building right away. I tried to get one of the sanders too, but those were already spoken for.
Good deal!

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody got a link to that deal.

As I understand it, my lumber yard guy gets emails from Milwaukee, and they have promos that they are running. He then calls them up and orders what he wants I guess. He said this deal literally lasted a couple hours. He got the email, called and they told him it was being pulled, so he better get what he wants............so he did.

So, apparently it's passed already.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It's nice when things align like that. Congratulations!

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The $15 Weed Eater had a few minor things to improve on the occasion of cleaning, the first run worked so you can finish the assembly of the Partner B400. The investment is a line spool

Attachments

• 20230112_153609.jpg
    20230112_153609.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230108_091255.jpg
    20230108_091255.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230111_145503.jpg
    20230111_145503.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 12

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 361127
Good score!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thankya Sir! I'm pleased with it so far.
The battery saws are bigtime convenient to break out when you need to make just a handful of cuts, etc. I’ve ran this model Milwaukee M18 Fuel chainsaw and not a bad saw at all. Never ran the M18 Fuel polesaw but I’m willing to bet it’s fine as well.

Last edited:

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The battery saws are bigtime convenient too break out when you need to make just a handful of cuts, etc. I’ve ran this model Milwaukee M18 Fuel chainsaw and not a bad saw at all. Never ran the M18 Fuel polesaw but I’m willing to bet it’s fine as well.

That's the exact conclusion I came to. I initially thought, "I have a bunch of saws already, and if I just need to make a quick cut or 2, I'll just grab the recip saw. So, I don't need it." My cousin actually asked me about it a few months back and that's what I told him.

Then, as I was working through my log/round pile, I found myself saying, "this would be a good job for the M18 chainsaw" and all of a sudden, those bigger branches I missed, that I cut with the recip saw, seemed a bit bigger now and seemed to take longer to get through. Lol

I used to just pile all that stuff to the side and when the pile was big enough, I'd get out the 355t, but this will be nice to deal with it as I come across it.

Good to hear others have had good luck with it. Thanks for the info.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's the exact conclusion I came to. I initially thought, "I have a bunch of saws already, and if I just need to make a quick cut or 2, I'll just grab the recip saw. So, I don't need it." My cousin actually asked me about it a few months back and that's what I told him.

Then, as I was working through my log/round pile, I found myself saying, "this would be a good job for the M18 chainsaw" and all of a sudden, those bigger branches I missed, that I cut with the recip saw, seemed a bit bigger now and seemed to take longer to get through. Lol

I used to just pile all that stuff to the side and when the pile was big enough, I'd get out the 355t, but this will be nice to deal with it as I come across it.

Good to hear others have had good luck with it. Thanks for the info.
I’ve got two DeWalt battery chainsaws…20v Max with 14” b/c and the 60V FlexVolt with 16” b/c, and both run fine and will cut and handle much bigger stuff than folks think they will. And high Ah batteries will cut for quite some time. I would’ve went with Milwaukee or Makita but I ran across these DeWalts and literally got both saws NIB for the price of one of them.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got two DeWalt battery chainsaws…20v Max with 14” b/c and the 60V FlexVolt with 16” b/c, and both run fine and will cut and handle much bigger stuff than folks think they will. And high Ah batteries will cut for quite some time. I would’ve went with Milwaukee or Makita but I ran across these DeWalts and literally got both saws NIB for the price of one of them.

Dang......... can't beat that!

Sierra_rider

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not quite ready to do it yet, but I've been considering picking up the little Echo 2500t battery top handle. I already own a 2511t(and a Stihl 201t,) but I've been thinking about the battery saw to carry on my dirtbike. I currently carry my 2511t, but sometimes a battery saw would be more convenient.

I just think of the other day that we were clearing trail. There were probably a dozen occasions that I cut stuff that took less time to actually cut, than it actually took to get the saw warmed up. Like little 4" trees that are too much for a handsaw, but only takes several seconds of cutting with the 2511t. It was a cold day, and it's on the front of the bike, so the 2511 cools off very fast.
That being said...I've done some port/machine work on the 2511, so a battery saw isn't going to replace it for the heavier days of cutting quite yet. It runs really well, even double cutting windfall with a 16" bar...handily outcuts my friends' larger saws they carry, so I'm not ready to replace it yet.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s something I DIDN’T buy the other day!

EC6D4B4E-D900-42CD-8419-3DEFE4DCA722.jpeg

Was in LA visiting family, and had lots of roof leaks with their non-stop rain.

Ended up finding a 5-gallon pail of ‘wet patch’ ; told them to share with their neighbors.

Philbert

Last edited: