Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's close to me and it's during the dry season, so I pour the tank full, and then I drive slowly in simple terrain because it can vary with max. load on the lift
I too am just foraging within my village area (my properties), otherwise I wouldn't chance it and take the trailer instead!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No front end ballast whatsoever!
Simply because it is not needed 95% of all applications.
That tractor crate is not mine, I borrowed it off a very good friend for this application - transporting firewood cut here and there, clearing brush and storm damage.
I own a very heavy duty tractor trailer that would hold 3 cubic meters of content/wood, but even empty it is too heavy to haul over muddy ground as we have right now.

I could fill the front tires with water, or make makeshift front weights - the thing is, I do not want to as it only increases the stresses on the tractors body.
No, I will find a load limit and go once or twice more often!

I'm not a fan of ballasted tires or weights. Just more wear and tear. Also, if the tractor uses the engine block as a structural member you may be increasing torsional forces that can crack the block.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not a fan of ballasted tires or weights. Just more wear and tear. Also, if the tractor uses the engine block as a structural member you may be increasing torsional forces that can crack the block.
Yes, engine block and transmission case are the main structure of this tractor.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
2:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the same one. Love it!

View attachment 400219
They're slick 👍

Ours broke the cylinder mount (1) just before the warranty expired, and Kubota replaced the entire back half of the grapple.

After the warranty expired we busted the upper mount (2) it was the moving piece of the grapple that broke, my son farmer-welded it and it's been working great for about a year now with no issues.
We use this thing for logging and sawmill support full time, so it gets a beating.
For the average user I think it would hold up great.
Screenshot_20231210_194419_Chrome.jpg

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
12:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_3998.jpegIMG_5916.jpeg
The neighbor’s Deutz DX90 and Jianghuai 50 next to my custom 19.5hp Murray and IH Cub Cadet 70.
My grandparent’s IH 584, they also have a Case SC20 which my grandma might give it me because she hates it because her ex is the one that wrecked it.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone using wheel spacers on the rear axil of their compact or sub compact tractors? Was thinking of buying a set of 3-4” for my John Deere 2025r. Wondering if it’s a noticeable difference or not.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone using wheel spacers on the rear axil of their compact or sub compact tractors? Was thinking of buying a set of 3-4” for my John Deere 2025r. Wondering if it’s a noticeable difference or not.

I have heard of them being used on the FB groups when I was in them regularly. They are supposed to help stability quite a bit

I was going to install a 1.5" set on the rear of my LS MT125, but I also use the tractor for mowing and the rear wheels would have hit the deck wheels...

There was a guy who did a YouTube video on the improved stability; and he put a scale on a rope, and pulled on the ROPS with and without the spacers until the opposite wheel began to lift. I will see if I can find a link to it. The difference was significant.

Edit; I found the video I was thinking of

Last edited:
Reactions: Lnk

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Not spacers, but my Kubota has ag wheels and tires. You can adjust the spacing by bolting them together in different configurations. When they're set out wider the tractor feels like a completely different machine. Way, way more stable. Also, more comfortable for mowing and other higher speed operations because you don't get jostled as bad with the wider wheelbase.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not spacers, but my Kubota has ag wheels and tires. You can adjust the spacing by bolting them together in different configurations. When they're set out wider the tractor feels like a completely different machine. Way, way more stable. Also, more comfortable for mowing and other higher speed operations because you don't get jostled as bad with the wider wheelbase.
Well John Deere sells a set that are 5” each side so I figured if they will warranty the tractor with them on it if I buy 3-4” ones is should be fine. The jd ones are 600$ a set