Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that a Tafe? Those were sold over here for awhile and were an MF licensee.
Former Yugoslavian "IMT", manufactured in (now) Serbia.
I think Tafe bought "IMT" , not sure though - some Indian company did.

These were fairly good tractors and served "this market" well back in the days.
They used to be cheaply fixable so premature wear and breakdowns weren't much of an issue.
There are quite old ones still zooming around, some on their second and even third generation in-family first owners.

Edit/P.S.:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Discovered something, the new gasket is a wee bit wide for the cover. Meaning, it is getting squeezed out when you tighten it. I carefully trimmed it and removed some material, then resealed with High Tack. I guess if that doesn't work I'll ask the dealer about it, should have done that in the first place. I keep forgetting that I can actually go visit them now that I have a day off during the week.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Discovered something, the new gasket is a wee bit wide for the cover. Meaning, it is getting squeezed out when you tighten it. I carefully trimmed it and removed some material, then resealed with High Tack. I guess if that doesn't work I'll ask the dealer about it, should have done that in the first place. I keep forgetting that I can actually go visit them now that I have a day off during the week.

Are you using aftermarket gaskets?

Reactions: Lnk

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started right up today.
I did an unwanted & unexpected wheelie stepping on the diff lock to get moving on a steep uphill area.
The attachment was raised off the ground and counterwheited the tracktors front.
Gave me a little scare suddenly seeing both tree crowns AND the tractors hood! 🙃🫣

IMG_20230530_162824.jpg IMG_20230530_161537.jpg IMG_20230530_161522.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I considered a mini excavator for some earth/dirt removal in the yard, but once that'd be done I'd have little to no use for it.

Now I am thinking a mini tractor with backhoe that I can also use to pull a little trailer trough the bushes and possibly push some snow in the winter.

A used mini tractor also seems to be a little more affordable than a used mini excavator.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I'm still plugging various leaks on the Ferguson165. The injectors are seeping fuel right where they plug into the head. Is this just a matter of removing them and replacing the o-rings? I've heard some heard some diesel injectors are hard to pull. Done many on efi gas engines but never on a mechanical diesel.

Reactions: Lnk