Scabbard or Case? What do you prefer?

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hence the topic. Trying to decide if I should rock a scabbard or a hard case for my PP330. Leaning towards a scabbard, but wanted to hear what y'all use [emoji2][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scabbard is all I use and if you have a friend who works with the fire department old fire hose works good for a scabbard.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Say What You Will About Saw Cases . . .

A number of guys turn up their noses at those of us who keep our saws in plastic cases of one sort or another. I like them to store my saws, together with spare chains, parts, etc., so that everything is together. I like them for transporting my saws in my vehicle, and keeping it clean. The rectangular, plastic cases also stack well.

Tonight, I had another reason to like them.

Bringing stuff into the house as it started to get cold and dark, including the dog. He stepped back in the crowded entry way, sending one of my battery saws, rolling, tumbling, and bouncing off every step into the basement - my fault for placing it there, not his (although, he got the ____ out of there pretty quick!). Saw was fine, inside the blow-molded, plastic box. Oil in 1-quart plastic bottle did not even spill (packed pretty tight). Latches did not pop open. Can't even see a scratch or dent on the case.

Worth it right there. Dog could have gotten cut if he had brushed up against an exposed saw, and I am sure that both the saw, and the steps, would be worse off as well.

Philbert

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still use cases for my 50cc and 60cc saws. They came with saws I bought. I like the extra protection they provide while transporting the saws.

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use cases. The first new saw 30 some years ago 028 Super came with case. It still looks and runs great. MS 261, 362 and 046 use the Stihl Woodsman cases. I was able to find small cases cheap for 020T Top Handle fits perfect and one for MS 170. When I have a longer bar on 046, I use longer scabbard with case.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use to work for a guy doing tree work that didnt scabbard has saws in his saw box. He felt bad when one of his Ms460 got a hole in the tank from a sharp chain.

I use scabbards on all my saws. I put them in the bed of the truck with an old rubber mud flap that keeps them from sliding all over the place.