Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't specify the reason for the loop needing a fix my friend! ;)
Still, makes for a funny topic. :D
Nah, I’m not too proud to not be able to admit mistakes. It’s definitely funny.
I was so focused on getting the rivets spun nicely, and I completely overlooked the obvious mistake I made.
I have presets and tie straps here, and I’ll put a couple in the box along with the “big secret”. :D Unless you’ve taken care of it by then, of course.

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
5:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You try the NEW Hooskie .325 yet? I hear it's good.

I’ve used the new husky .325 semi chisel for the last week. Been helping a guy out doing some fence line/power line clean up. All small cutting (nothing bigger then 8”) and very dirty as it’s next to a dirt road. I’m very impressed on how well the chain keeps its edge and it seems quite easy to sharpen as well. For what we’re cutting in it’s a great option.

It does look like I’ll be heading to BC in the next week or so to start falling on the forest fires that are moving. I typically only run stihl RS chain but I’m hoping to get my hands on some of the C83 to give it a shot in burnt timber, see how it holds up and keeps it edge.

Wilhelm

I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
GoldMember
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was so focused on getting the rivets spun nicely, and I completely overlooked the obvious mistake I made.
I have presets and tie straps here, and I’ll put a couple in the box along with the “big secret”. :D Unless you’ve taken care of it by then, of course.
A coworker told me about a local shop selling spun Oregon loops, I placed the loop in my car today so that I may look at getting that nice EXL chain fixed. :)

I think it is still quite funny to look at :p
P1050485.JPG

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
9:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use Carlton most of the time. Factory grind isn't great but it holds up well in dirty wood and I like it after a once around with a file.

I am a fan of Stihl chain though...but don't tell anyone.
I was a stihl chain man too but now the pricks want $60 a chain or $850 a roll .

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was a stihl chain man too but now the pricks want $60 a chain or $850 a roll .
I always buy 100' rolls. When these couple rolls of Carlton get low I'm going to grab some EXL. Local loggers are using it and have nothing but good things to say about it.
The only Stihl chain I have has come on saws that I've picked up, except the couple loops of .404 Dallas sent me the other day. It's great stuff but my local dealer sucks and I won't buy from them.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve used the new husky .325 semi chisel for the last week. Been helping a guy out doing some fence line/power line clean up. All small cutting (nothing bigger then 8”) and very dirty as it’s next to a dirt road. I’m very impressed on how well the chain keeps its edge and it seems quite easy to sharpen as well. For what we’re cutting in it’s a great option.

It does look like I’ll be heading to BC in the next week or so to start falling on the forest fires that are moving. I typically only run stihl RS chain but I’m hoping to get my hands on some of the C83 to give it a shot in burnt timber, see how it holds up and keeps it edge.
Any pics of the cutters?

Wilhelm

I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
GoldMember
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd run it lol.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I considered running this loop as it is, but the height from the center of the rivet to the tie straps top and bottom side is not symmetrical/identical - ergo, the chain would run crooked.
I will not risk ruining a good chain, and bar for that matter, over the cost of a preset. ;)

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I considered running this loop as it is, but the height from the center of the rivet to the tie straps top and bottom side is not symmetrical/identical - ergo, the chain would run crooked.
I will not risk ruining a good chain, and bar for that matter, over the cost of a preset. ;)
It'll clearance it self in due time.

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

If you spin enough chain it will happen. I threw an LP chin together not long ago needed 1 link. Put it in backwards.
Shep

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tree service friend of mine who supplies most of the wood I get to cut on called me up yesterday morning. Needed a hand with this maple. ol' tree monkey 661 got a work out with the 60" bar.

edit - this is the same saw Scott was cant racing with, at Iowa GTG.

That's one heck of a tree, and one heck of a saw.
Sounded like it went lean, maybe running out of fuel, but it idled for a while and it looked as though the op noticed it too?