Saw video thread

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Semi skip in 19" Oak will turn a 14 second cut into a 16 second cut.

And I know Fir is much tougher than Pine, but one of the guys at the CT GTG told me he could not "load up" my 362 (with square file) in the 16" pine. That saw also flies through Silver Maple, you would think it was paper mache!

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Semi skip in 19" Oak will turn a 14 second cut into a 16 second cut.

And I know Fir is much tougher than Pine, but one of the guys at the CT GTG told me he could not "load up" my 362 (with square file) in the 16" pine. That saw also flies through Silver Maple, you would think it was paper mache!
Semi skip with a 32" buried will help you clear chips where full comp stalls

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was running semi skip on an 044 w/28" bar, but changed it over to full comp (RSL). When I made my notches, the semi seemed to get "stopped" on the angle cuts. IMO, the full comp runs smoother doing that.

Anyway, I would really like to see you and your saw at a GTG near me, that Hybrid looks impressive.

I've considered doing a Hybrid several times, but have not pulled the trigger on doing it.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was running semi skip on an 044 w/28" bar, but changed it over to full comp (RSL). When I made my notches, the semi seemed to get "stopped" on the angle cuts. IMO, the full comp runs smoother doing that.

Anyway, I would really like to see you and your saw at a GTG near me, that Hybrid looks impressive.

I've considered doing a Hybrid several times, but have not pulled the trigger on doing it.
Im goin down to Randy's for sure, not so sure if I'll make it to Dans......sure would like to though