Saw video thread

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
9:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow Bud! You did good with her! Now you need to go back into the 066...
You think the 066 would shine with a longer bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would, chain was hurting the 66, brand new once filed 404. Teeth are long and don't clear chips well yet with low rakers

Hybrid had a very nice square file

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
6:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It would, chain was hurting the 66, brand new once filed 404. Teeth are long and don't clear chips well yet with low rakers

Hybrid had a very nice square file
Do you file the gullets down on the hybrid? It's definitely sharp and fast, but it's not clearing those chips very well.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 036 stopped holding high tune. It's getting a new fuel line, filter and probably carb (they are so cheap).

Someone video'd about a third of what I wanted shown to get some opinions. This is in 20" maple. Was still cutting well, but the tune out of the cut was all over the place. Turning the H screw adjusted it temporarily. Idle was totally fine, so I doubt a vac leak.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 036 stopped holding high tune. It's getting a new fuel line, filter and probably carb (they are so cheap).

Someone video'd about a third of what I wanted shown to get some opinions. This is in 20" maple. Was still cutting well, but the tune out of the cut was all over the place. Turning the H screw adjusted it temporarily. Idle was totally fine, so I doubt a vac leak.

I had a h screw that the threads were compromised on the carb body. Saw kept losing tune, but would dial right in great. Start cutting and it was off again, then as I was adjusting it I felt it pop back at me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
044 #1 started loosing the tune real fast (after it had not moved for 18 years). New springs under the adjustment screws solved the problem, think I got charged about 50 cents for them. Apparently, the old springs just lost their tension.

That saw cuts nice Al.

Was also wondering if you checked the timing #s on that 440 that ran so well. Would be nice to know.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stumping is always tough on the saws.

Hey Mike, when I am doing a large stump, I first put the wedge in like you do, but when I get near the end, I pull that wedge and put two in on opposite sides as close to the bar as I dare, that way when you cut through the end, the piece tilts up freeing your bar. (Two wedges opposite each other more than half way through the cut, and it will see saw back the other way freeing your bar).