Country flag

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
12:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ported xpw runs pretty good I thought, made a change to the porting done on it originally. 14.2k tune first video, 14k for second video. Holding 12.6-12.7k in the wood light load in the second video and can dog it in to about 8.8k. Running stihl semi chisel chain round filed, 7 pin rim and 24” bar. Chain holds a edge pretty well in the oak log in the second video. I like this chain.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That looks like a great all around chain you have set up there. Nice for the dirty wood we get this time of year and through the spring time mud.
I agree, it’s been muddy here with the thaw out and temp fluctuations lately. I try to brush off most of it and bore cut into logs from inside out. Just part of cutting firewood. I think I might like this chain better than the oregon version.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm currently running Stihl and Oregon semi in tree ace fiddy. Cleared gullets thirty on the top plate and forty drags with half a cutter left.
I found bore cutting just wears out tips in firewood. Try this.

Carry a screw driver to "knock off" those nasty mud patches first when time is not an issue.
Hit the top dirty bark with the saw inverted. This kicks off the the crud and bark filled dirt without dragging it down in the cut.
My best hack for dirty bark.

Locust and black oak grown in field hedge rows or the down side to a windy field you can keep it. Too much sand grown in the bark. Kills chains faster that you young bucks can rub one out. Nuf said.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree, it’s been muddy here with the thaw out and temp fluctuations lately. I try to brush off most of it and bore cut into logs from inside out. Just part of cutting firewood. I think I might like this chain better than the oregon version.
How you get it to cut like that ? ;-)